Today has been one of those long kinds of days -- not too terrible, but long. First of all, I must confess that I usually use Joanna as an alarm clock these days. Meaning, I don't usually get up until she does! So, when I heard the loud honk from across the street this morning at 6:50am, I was still in my PJs. Nonetheless, as soon as I heard the second honk and the sound of my baby waking up (too early), I marched outside, barefooted and hair sticking up to confront the noisemaker. She was pretty rude. And lazy. I asked her very nicely if she could please not do that. She responded by saying that she really didn't have a choice if the kid she was picking up wasn't waiting on her. I informed her of my 7 month old baby who was now up for the day, very early, and maybe she could call this kid? (Or maybe she or her son could get OUT of the car to knock on the door...) Now, I understand the honking thing and being late for school and carpools -- I've been there. I may have even been the running late one, but honking at 6:50 is just too early. So there.
So then I drive to work (having had time to put on makeup, fix my hair, nurse Joanna, feed Joanna baby food, fold laundry...) remembering that the A/C in the van doesn't work and I've got to figure out what I'm going to do about that. I get almost to church and then realize that I've forgotten Joanna's afternoon bottle for mother's day out. It's in my fridge. I decide to go ahead and drop Joanna off and get a little work done and head home later for the bottle. On my way home, sweating with the windows down, I start to hear a little knocking/clanking/rattling noise coming from the engine compartment. I'm thinking maybe it's related to the air conditioner not working. What do I know? Same noise on the way back, culminating in the parking lot to a very loud rattling/knocking/whoa did something just fall out of the engine compartment? kind of noise that can be heard across the parking lot. Just ask Carolyn Dickerson. I deliver the bottle to Joanna's teacher then head back to the sweatmobile, hoping to make it to the service station. I really do not want to pay for a tow truck. It actually drove very well the few miles to the shop. I catch a ride back to the church from a very sweet kid who talked my ear off about cars. My very wonderful mother-in-law picked us up after mother's day out, so no, we're not still at the church. If you want to know how much it costs to replace an air compressor (cause that's what was broken and causing the no A/C and the very loud noise), I will tell you. But I'm not going to type it here. It would take too long. So now we have a decision to make: spend the money and get it fixed, drive it as is, or trade the sucker in. Ahhhh!!!
And the smallest of the day's dramas is that Joanna wouldn't take an afternoon nap for me today. I'm tired and I'm going to bed now.
Although we've already talked about this in person, I still must give you a "high-five" for being so darn cool to march outside and tell that woman to stop it! P.S. I'm liking the art at the top of your blog now :-)
ReplyDeleteohhh, that is so crummy about the AC going out on your car. That happened on our Saturn - what do they make those parts out of - 24K gold????
ReplyDelete