Many of you out there who know me will be shocked and amazed to learn that I am making Joanna's baby food (mostly anyway). In fact, I apologize if you've had to pick yourself up off the floor after fainting from your utter disbelief. Now I don't exactly have a grain mill in my backyard, and I think homemade Cheerios would be a joke, but Joanna is getting fresh pureed fruits and veggies. There is something really cathartic about using the blender and watching the food become mush.
Here is Joanna enjoying some carrots.
Or maybe she's just enjoying the spoon that happens to have carrots on it.
Joanna loves picking up Cheerios and she loves eating Cheerios. There's something that happens in between the picking up and the eating that doesn't allow her to feed them to herself with much success, though. Once she gets them into her hand, she often just wants them back out again, but usually her hand is wet for whatever reason, so the Cheerios stick. If they're in the perfect position on her hand, she can get them into her mouth once they've stuck. Mostly they end up on the floor. She'll also get one into her hand and make a fist around it them suck on her fist. Again, if the Cheerio is in the perfect position, she'll suck it into her mouth. She is really cute to watch. Sorry, but I don't have video so you'll have to use your imagination.
Those of you who read my mother's blog know that she likes to rescue earthworms from certain death by frying when she is out on her morning run. This morning, she brought some home to have their picture taken.
Lovely.
You make me laugh :-) I can't imagine that I would be that good that Abby will get blended up food, but way to go YOU!!
ReplyDelete