Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Some Firsts!

Before I begin, please note that this will be a long post. I figure if you're here, you don't mind my long rambling blogs!
Joanna's Gran got a jogging stroller so she can take Joanna on runs with her. Yea!! Here they are before their first run. We bought Joanna a big car (for when she's a little older). Before we put it in the garage for a while, I let her take a test drive. She can go backwards. And she can slide down underneath it and get stuck.
We had a Fat Tuesday lunch at the church last week for the staff. Even though Joanna's just a part-timer, she got to go :) Anytime we go anywhere with low windows, she loves to look outside and see what's going on. We had several tries before she kept this hat on long enough for me to snap a picture. Now for this weekend. It was basically a plain ol' weekend, but we ended up pretty busy. Friday afternoon, Joanna and I decided to go up to the high school to see her cousin Kurt's basketball game. It was the first time I'd been back to the high school in a while, and whoa, the construction is crazy over there! It was Joanna's first time in a high school and first basketball game ever. I think she liked it. She got used to the buzzer pretty fast. I ran into a friend from high school who was there watching her little brother play. So I got to show miss sweet Joanna off a little! Look at that smile!!
On Saturday, Matt was determined to get up on the roof to blow off all the leaves and pine needles accumulated there. It was definitely time, but I just didn't feel good about letting him go up there. So... Yup. That's me. It was kind of fun, actually. After my high-walking adventure, I started getting Joanna's "new" rocking chair ready to paint. We found this little rocking chair that was in good shape but needed a redesign. So here is it's transformation: Red with a little white heart After some sanding Primed white Dancing Green! (like all of her other furniture) The only thing left I want to do is either get a stencil or convince someone I know who is fabulous at painting roses (ahem, Grandma) to paint a rose on the back (where the heart was in the first picture). Then it will be all ready for Joanna's birthday (shhh, don't tell her!). Here is Joanna looking on at me working on the chair. After all the outside work, Matt took Joanna inside, and she cuddled up to him and fell asleep! That was definitely the first in a while. So precious! Finally I will leave you with Joanna's first roller coaster ride. (Not really, of course, but I thought that's what she looked like -- like she was going down a roller coaster.)

2 comments:

  1. She's so sweet in the roller coaster shot, like a tiny fairy princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a reddish tint I see in Joanna's hair?? I hope so..just like her Gran and Aunt Kathryn:)

    ReplyDelete