This is just not Joanna's week. I'm pretty sure she's itchy, although it is a little hard to tell on a tiny 14 month old. She's so pitiful. She didn't eat much dinner, and I can tell she just isn't feeling good. Just for kicks (and a painful bite in the finger), I checked inside the mouth and the child is trying to grow 2 or 3 teeth right now! (The following right/left directions are as if you are looking AT Joanna's face.) I can see her right top canine tooth pressing against the gums, but it still seems kind of high and I can't feel it yet. Both front top molars are coming through; the right one has ruptured, the left is very close. She still only has two lonely teeth on the bottom, but she's about to have 6 or 7 up top! Oh my goodness!
I called the nurse's line at the doctor this afternoon because I forgot to ask the doctor if her little rash was contagious. I didn't think so, but I didn't want to bring her to the nursery thinking she MIGHT get somebody sick. Turns out she's not contagious; it's a virus and nobody will catch it. However, Joanna's immune system not strong right now, so the nurse advised me to take precautions so she doesn't catch anything. So she won't be going to the nursery tomorrow morning for Bible Study. As long as she doesn't get anything else, though, she should be good to go to school on Thursday.
I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow. With Joanna, my first appt was at 9 weeks with my doctor. This appt is much earlier, but it's with a nurse. I guess they want to make sure I'm really pregnant? Works for me. I actually like doctor visits for the most part. Now the dentist on Thursday... I'm not so much looking forward to that. I think I'll go brush my teeth now.
Aww shoot. See I always feel like there are things that we went through that I should be sure and tell the "younger" moms about but I just forget. High fever and then three days a later a rash all over - textbook roseola! ALL kiddos get it around this age, I hope she is back to new soon! hugs,
ReplyDeleteShaun
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePoor Joanna! Those teeth are rough comining in, too! Paul David had a hard time with the molars. We miss seeing you guys!
ReplyDelete