Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Probably not Strawberries

We took Joanna to the doctor and discovered she has a roseola rash. He said he was pretty sure it was not a reaction to strawberries, although I'll have to try them again later to be sure. Joanna had a fever Thurs-Sun, and he said this rash was an immune response to that. Basically the immune system was working really hard with the fever and when it went away it was still working hard and made a rash. He wasn't concerned, and said we just have to wait for it to go away. She can have a little Benedryl if she's uncomfortable. Joanna's up to 19 1/2 lbs. What a chunk! I can't see it, but everybody who sees her and hasn't for a while says she's really plumping up. I guess that's good. Now I'm going to go turn the carseat around because 19 1/2 lbs is really close to 20lbs, and the child is almost 15 months old!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Joanna! I hope she's not too uncomfortable...is that stuff contagious? I hope not, for your sake, so you can get out and about soon!

    ReplyDelete