I’m sure many things could come from that title, but I’m not talking spiritually or metaphorically or anything. I’m talking literally. :)
First, remember James’ birthday party last year? I bought some gourds to use as decoration – see them?
Well, after October was over and the gourds started to get a little scary, I faintly remember tossing them in the compost pile.
Where they managed to do whatever is necessary to create more:
More inedible gourds.
So, I find it not just a little hilarious that the only thing I’ve managed to grow isn’t actually food. That said, I’m still pretty excited I managed to grow anything at all. Especially since I don’t think compost is really supposed to support growth. Oops. :)
There is an actual squash plant out there as well, but I haven’t managed to catch the squash at good times to pull them off. It’s either too early or I wait too long. They aren’t getting enough sun, water, or attention, so even if I manage to harvest one, it will only be about two inches long. Someday I may be brave enough to plant a garden in the middle of my front yard (the only place with enough direct sunlight). Or… maybe not.
I did the same with my gourds one year and had a bumper crop of gourds from the compost pile the next year.
ReplyDelete:)
Delete