Saturday, September 1, 2012

Some Kitchen Tips from Me to You!

I have a couple of things I think are wonderfully awesome and very helpful that I would like to share, just in case you didn’t already know them.

This first one I learned a few years ago, and it changed my life.  :)

Well, maybe that’s an exaggeration.  You can use your Kitchen Aid stand mixer to shred cooked chicken.  I read this somewhere, but I don’t recall where – it was before Pinterest.  I love to use this technique if I’m making chicken taco soup or barbeque chicken in the crockpot.  I throw chicken breasts (or whatever I’m using) into the crockpot whole in the morning, and when it’s time to take the chicken out and shred it, I throw it into the bowl of my stand mixer and attach the paddle.

Today I had some leftover rotisserie chicken from the store, but it worked just as well.  First I yanked all the bones off and threw in the meat.

IMG_7245

Then I just turned it on low or the next speed up and let the paddle do it’s magic.  Pretty soon I had beautifully shredded chicken!

IMG_7247

I used it to make “chicken patties,” which are much like my salmon patties, only with chicken.  :)

I hope that tip will be useful to you!

The next one isn’t just a tip for the kitchen, it’s handy in other areas, even a classroom.

I store a lot of things in jars, and while pretty labels would be ideal, most often I just don’t want to work that hard.  :)  I do like to know what’s in the jars though.

So I simply write on the glass with a Sharpie.

IMG_7269

I’m sure there are a few ways to remove that Sharpie when the time comes, but this is my favorite.

Use a dry erase marker to cover the writing.  You can be as precise or not as you like:

IMG_7270

Then just wipe it off with a cloth.

IMG_7271

Beautiful!

IMG_7272

Have fun writing on glass with Sharpies!

1 comment: