Monday, June 9, 2014

Seven months!!

The babies were seven months old on May 29th.  I’m quite a bit late in posting this update.  :)

This one of Michael was taken a week or so before he turned seven months.  I wanted to show his little tooth!! He since then has popped out the one next to it as well.  And Thomas now has that same one.

IMG_2691 1

The main reason this post is so late is that I had all kinds of great pics of the boys and I just had to edit them.  Now that I know a little bit more about my software, it’s pretty easy to open up the pics and do some tweaking.  And I’m getting much better about being able to tell what I want to do to them.  The problem here is of course that I find it difficult to post pictures without editing them, as I have been so happy to do in the past.  :)

These next few of Thomas in the yellow romper are from the 28th.  I had this pretty light in the bedroom, an empty basket, and a super adorable baby who can kind of sit up.  Can you blame me?

IMG_2742 1IMG_2743 1

Uh oh – baby down!

IMG_2745 1

Can you get over these eyes?!!

IMG_2748 1

Michael was not in the mood to pose that day.  :)

That night before bed – the babes with their daddy.  Love them!

IMG_2752 1

On the 29th – their “official” monthly pics!

IMG_2758 1

I kind of propped Michael up by the couch, trying to get a sitting pic of him.

IMG_2772 1

It didn’t last long.  Here he’s trying to eat his feet.  Yum!

IMG_2787 1

Mr. Thomas is feeling pretty good about sitting up these days.

IMG_2775 1

And clearly, he’s also feeling pretty good about being a baby model.  This age is ADORBS!

IMG_2804 1IMG_2810 1IMG_2813 1

His “big” brother is sooooooooo precious too, but he can’t sit up so well.  :)

IMG_2821 1

I’m thinking this might be a Joanna face.

IMG_2823 1

His tongue can be seen doing this A LOT.  He’s feeling his new teeth.

IMG_2825 1

At seven months (or close to 7 1/2 months now), here are some things about the babies!

  • Thomas is sitting pretty well but will fall over or backward with no warning.
  • Michael can sit with some support from momma.
  • Michael has cut his two bottom teeth; Thomas has cut one of them.
  • They started trying some solid food a couple of days before they turned seven months.  So far they have tried avocado, banana, sweet potato, cheerios, and plain Greek yogurt.  They’ve eaten everything but the yogurt by picking it up and shoving it in.  I used a spoon for the yogurt.  They’re not super eaters yet, but it’s good practice!
  • They love to chew on things.  All things.
  • They are both sleeping well at night.  They go down between 6-7pm.  In the morning they might sleep as late at 7:15, but more often they are either 1.) up between 6-7am for the day or 2.) up to eat once between 4-6am and then down until 7:30-8am.  Really it’s a great schedule, but I just don’t know exactly what’s coming. :)  It’s fine for us though.
  • They’re naps are still not stellar, but I can almost always count on three 1 hour periods during the day where they’re in bed asleep or getting that way.
  • They are to the point where even when they are tired or hungry, they can be distracted for a little bit with jiggling, smiles, toys, singing, and such.  It’s a good place!
  • They love going on stroller walks with their daddy.
  • Thomas has gotten pretty sturdy at sitting on my hip when I carry him.  Michael needs a little more snuggling.  (Ask me if I mind that!)
  • They are amazing babies and I’m so glad they are in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment