I will most likely NOT continue these monthly updates through the twins’ second year, but I wanted to take some pictures when they were 13 months old (all the lovely leaves!) and I always have a lot to say, so here we go for now!
We walked down the park near our house last Saturday to take some pictures of our sweet babies.
Thomas didn’t really want to sit still for pictures. :)
But Michael is slightly less mobile, so I got more of him.
Baby feet!!
It was fun, and I guess they didn’t eat anything too poisonous. :)
So it’s a week later now, but here are some things about the babies at 13 months-ish:
- Michael was labeled “failure to thrive” at his 12 month check-up, but he’s really making strides to catch up! He is seeing a genetics doctor as well as physical and occupational therapists to make sure we’re doing everything we can and should be for him. He’s a trooper!
- Thomas can stand up on his own and has taken a step several times. He loves to hold onto our fingers and walk around. He also crawls very fast.
- Thomas has moved up to the top rise on his diapers (they’re one-size and snap smaller for smaller babies), but Michael is still stuck on the very bottom one. I have a Michael bin and a Thomas bin of diapers on the changing table. :)
- They can both wear 12 month clothes in most of the things we have. We also have the 18 month things out, some of which work well for Thomas. But he’s kinda short so he feet don’t stay in the feet of the footie pjs. :)
- Michael can now sit himself up to play in a W sit (legs behind him), and he can pull up to stand. He can’t usually get back down again nor can he take any steps.
- Thomas says “uh-oh” a lot. It’s his most clear word. He kind of also says Momma and Daddy too. Michael doesn’t have any specific words yet, but he babbles a lot.
- Sometimes they take one nap per day, sometimes they take two. It kind of depends on the day.
- They’re still nursing a few times per day, and we’ll keep that up as long as it’s working for everyone. It’s kind of my magic secret weapon.
- Thomas is quite the climber. I’m pretty sure one day soon I will walk into the dining room and find him on the table. He sure is strong enough to get just about anywhere he likes; I sure am thankful he’s a little on the short side.
- Thomas signs “more” (sometimes) and is pretty clear about what he wants. Michael is becoming more clear and also a little more demanding, like his bro.
- Michael sucks his thumb. He used to suck either thumb, but at some point settled on the left one.
- They will both pretend to talk on the phone, using a phone if they have one, or anything else.
- They LOVE playing new places or places they don’t get to often, like our laundry room/pantry and the big kids’ room. So if they’re kind of grouchy, I can often send all the kids into their room for a few minutes of peace. And I use the word “peace” in a very broad manner.
- They LOVE their big siblings too. Yay for that!
- They’re pretty sweet amazing one year olds. I like having them around.
No comments:
Post a Comment