Monday, May 14, 2007

First Post and Mother's Day

I was sure I would never start a blog because, judging from all the diaries littering my past filled out to the third page, I'm not the type to keep one. However, I have a few friends out there whose blogs I really enjoy reading, so I decided to give it a shot. Joanna says she'll help me out, and I'm definitely going to make Matt post some, too. With that said...

This weekend was Mother's Day, and we had a wonderful time. I always say the weekends are too short, but we managed to pack in a good deal of fun in this one. Matt and I picked out a precious outfit for Joanna's baptism and bought a lawnmower. Yea for us! If one of us actually manages to mow the lawn, I'll have to post a picture. We had several mothers to visit with on Sunday. We went over to my grandmother's house with my mom and got to take a 4-generations of women picture (to be posted later). We also had fajita's with Matt's mom and dad and brothers and sisters. It was such a nice day spent with family.

For those of you who know my mom, you'll be interested/surprised to know that she started training yesterday to be a flight attendant with Continental. She's very excited about it and I know she'll do great. We sure miss her though! This past week she moved a bunch of stuff over to our house to set up "home base" until she figures out where she'll be posted and what her schedule will be like. We liked having her around -- Joanna especially. I think Mom is going to start keeping a blog too, with all of her exciting experiences. (That's kind of why I started this one; if my mom can do it by golly so can I!)

No comments:

Post a Comment