So, Jessica's version of the technical jargon is that the ventricle on one side of the hole has more pressure that the ventricle on the other side of the hole, so the blood flows from the high pressured chamber into the lower pressured chamber in addition to where it's supposed to go. Got it? It's called a VSD, and Joanna's is very small. Yea.
Joanna and Daddy in the waiting room before the appointment.
Joanna getting her blood pressure taken. It's such a cute little cuff! The PCA (Patient Care Assisstant), Rubi, took Joanna's BP on her arm and her leg. They're different, just so you know. Other stats: Joanna is 11lbs and 24 inches long. Her resting pulse was 126.
It took us no time at all to get down there this morning, which is really good because it took about an hour to find a place to park. We had to drive completely through 2 garages to find a spot. I wouldn't have thought that 9:30 on a Wednesday is a full-garage kind of time. I was wrong. With each visit, though, I am becoming more and more knowledgeable about the medical center, especially since I haven't actually gotten anywhere yet without having to turn around at least once.
After the visit, we decided to hit Rice Village for a little shopping. Daddy and Joanna on the way to A Woman's Work.
I'm SO glad to hear it doesn't seem to be anything of too much concern. She always takes the cutest of pictures, y'know :-)
ReplyDeletePraise God! It is great to find out that Joanna's going to be fine! Remind me to tell you about our "secret" parking garage before you have to go back..
ReplyDelete