Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tagged!

The Rules: 1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts. 2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!) 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So Theresa tagged me today, and I'm not sure there ARE 8 random/interesting things about me, but here goes. This is also a test of who reads my blog since I'll know if you don't email your list!

1. I am a huge Trekkie, and have even been to a couple of Star Trek conventions. I'm a "second generation" trekker; my mom and dad watched the original series -- I grew up on Next Generation and Voyager.

2. I hate infomercials, but sometimes find myself watching one when I'm up at 4:00am, and Star Trek isn't on. I need someone to explain to me why there is no normal television on from like 2-5am. Don't they know there are babies out there who need to eat!

3. I'm an avid reader; I can always find time to read. Sure, my bathroom is gross and needs cleaning, but I read the latest Harry Potter in under 2 days.

4. I firmly believe that the coldest place in the world is Houston in the summer. Why exactly do I need to bring a jacket and a pair of socks everywhere I go when it's 100 degrees outside?

5. I like doing laundry. It's absolutely mindless work. There's something soothing about sorting clothes, putting them in the washer, transferring them to the dryer, and folding them. I'm sure I'd have a different opinion if I had to head to the river and beat my clothes on rocks.

6. I have a roach-phobia. If I'm by myself and I come across a dead roach, I leave until someone comes to take care of it. If I'm by myself and I come across a live roach, I run away until someone comes to take care of it. I did manage to put a heavy bowl over one that was in my daughter's room, so I guess I can be brave for her.

7. My favorite thing to eat since my daughter was born is cornbread and milk. For several weeks after she was born, that is practically all I ate. Now, I just have it every now and then -- I don't know why.

8. Lastly, I swore I would never blog. I was sure I would dred keeping up with it, and I would fizzle out in a little while. However, I LOVE to blog. AND I love it when people comment on my sweet Joanna updates (hint, hint).

So, the following people are tagged: Mom (Rose), Mom (Joann), Grandma, Matt, Kathryn, Kathy, Laura, and ummm anyone else who wants to! If you don't blog, just email me; if you don't know my email address, shame on you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm TOTALLY with ya on #6. But for me it's more of an "all bug" phobia! I'm really glad you blog, too--I love reading these things. I always try to comment because I love it when people comment on mine, hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally grew up on Star Trek too! This was from my Dad. I can't believe you have been to a few conventions!!! :-)

    By the way, Chris LOVES cornbread and milk. He will actually crumble the cornbread into his glass of milk and eat it with a spoon. I always thought it was crazy!

    ReplyDelete