Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Joanna these days

I'll get around to posting some pictures later (sorry!), but for now some fun Joanna tidbits:
  • She LOVES the Itsy Bitsy Spider song. I may have posted this before, but she actually can do a few more of the hand motions now. She'll put her fingers together like the spider which is how she asks us to please please sing the song. We'll sing, and she gets so excited. She does the spider part and the rain coming down part. It's soooooooo cute. I need to get a video of it.
  • I don't think this has changed much, but these are the signs Joanna uses: more, milk, all done/all gone, she's just started to do "diaper," and we're working on "please." Unfortunately, she's usually pretty frustrated when I want her to sign please so it doesn't usually work. She's done it a couple of times for me, though.
  • I may miss some here, but these are some of the words she says: diaper (di-pah), bye-bye (duh dye), Daddy, hello (heh-wo), hi, uh-oh (I think this is her very favorite; she says it ALL the time).
  • Animal sounds Joanna can make: Quack quack, woof woof, meow (ow). We're also working on sheep, cows, lions, elephants, and horses right now. The woof woof is definitely her favorite; most animals make that sound: squirrels, birds, sheep, cats, and dogs. It's hilarious to watch her look out the window and say "woof woof" when she sees a squirrel.
  • She has made only a little progress on walking since the couple of steps. I guess I'm a little impatient even though I know it will come. She likes to grab our fingers and walk a little ways. She looks a little like Frankenstein. She doesn't bend her knees much, and she takes these giant steps. It's very precious.

I guess that's about it for now. I've been playing more in the yard, so I'll post some updated pics whenever I get around to unloading my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment