One of the questions on the paperwork for MDO/SLC asks “Does your child have a good neighborhood experience?” or something to that effect. My answers have varied. They are usually something like this:
-I don’t know what this means.
-???
-I have never understood this question.
- -----
Because I really don’t understand what it means. Now, on to what I’m actually talking about:
James has had a much different “shoe experience” than the girls. The poor kid is not going to know what to do when I start putting shoes on his feet this winter! He’s been barefoot for sooooo long, and before that he was tiny and just wore socks. I have some Robeez for him once it starts cooling off, and a few pair of handed down shoes with hard soles to practice once he starts walking. It will be cold (most likely), or as cold as it gets around here, when he actually starts walking. He’ll have less barefoot practice than the girls. They started walking in the warmer months.
Oh, I think that was the most boring paragraph ever. On to pictures of James in some too cute sandals!
He had trouble standing. He tried to take them off, then just resigned himself to them.
But isn’t he just so handsome?!!
This is when he spotted me and began to try and take me down:
:)
Tim was the same way when I started putting his tennis shoes (handed down through Josh, Josiah, Sam, and possibly Micah, though I can't remember for sure!) on him regularly during this trip to the Cold Northland. He got used to them after a few days. So there's hope for poor Mr. James! Tim was exactly the same, though, never wore shoes before!
ReplyDelete