Another photography project I’ve got going this year is to photograph each kiddo the week of their birthday. This is going to get very busy come October, but for this month I got to start out slowly with my Natalie. I tried to focus on portraits of her this week. I didn’t always get zingers, but I could tell a difference when I was intentional about taking a picture of her each day. I thought of things I wanted to do with her (and sometimes I got to do them!) These are in order from Sunday to Saturday, and you may see some of them again when I post more about my FIVE year old. For now enjoy these seven pictures and a few things about my girl.
My sweet girl still sucks her thumb. It’s a soothing habit for her, but I’m hoping five is the age it goes away. :)
She is a pretty easy-going girl, but when she gets tired… watch out! Although when she is tired, she pays attention to her body and tries to get some extra rest. She doesn’t worry about things like Joanna and I do. She’s happy to let life come and enjoy things in the moment.
The child can entertain herself with just about anything you’ve got. She loves playing with all sorts of toys, and gives everything a personality and a backstory with seemingly no effort. I love her imagination. She also absolutely loves drawing and coloring. The work I see her do is amazing. I’d love to get her some training in art at some point. She has skills, that one.
We joke that she lives in Natalie Land because truly I have trouble figuring out just what’s going on in that amazing brain of hers. She comes up with the craziest things that I think are really the result of a lot of thought. She amazes me.
This time last year she was my middle child and I could never have guessed she would leave that roll behind so very quickly. Now she’s one of the oldest and holding her own there quite well.
Sometimes she seems so young, refusing to do things and throwing fits. But so often I hear “of course” and “yes Momma” from her. And she is genuinely happy to help.
She is so beautiful, inside and out. She surprises me all the time with her kindness and heart.
I love you sweet Natalie. Happy birthday.
Love!
ReplyDelete