Friday, January 31, 2014

ONE FOURTH!

As of Wednesday, the boys are 0.25 years old!  :)

I did a little photo shoot with them to mark the occasion.  Michael is on the left.  Thomas is on the right.

IMG_1205

I was thinking I’d like to put something in all the monthly pictures that stays the same, but I couldn’t think of something at one month and I didn’t really take two month pictures, but it’s not too late to start.  :)

IMG_1209

So the sock monkey (which was mine waaaay back when) took a few pictures with the boys.

IMG_1213

I love baby feet.

IMG_1220 1

Thomas.  But he looks kind of Michaelish here.

IMG_1221 1

Michael.  (And it totally looks like the dish on the quilt is looking at him.) :)

IMG_1223 1

And of course everyone had to pile on the couch for a group shot.  Poor Michael was DONE though.  :)

IMG_1254

Some three month things as I think of them:

  • They will both almost always smile if you smile at them. 
  • Michael has started laughing some.  Thomas isn’t far behind him though.
  • They are wearing BumGenius all-in-one one-size diapers on the shortest rise with one row of snaps showing in the middle.  If/when we use disposables, they wear a size one.
  • They can fit into some of their 0-3 month clothes, but 3-6 month fits best.
  • They nap in swings during the day but sleep in a crib together at night.
  • They are not great nappers. (I just heard Michael.  I think it’s been 30 minutes.  I went in, held and patted him, and he burped.  I took a chance on laying him back down, and he appears to have gone.  Phew!)
  • They sleep pretty good stretches at night.  The last quite a few days have been something like this: eat around 5-6pm, go down for the night until about 1am, nurse, go back down until 5-6am, nurse, sleep another couple of hours.  They’ve done better so I’m hoping this is a phase because they aren’t feeling super great.
  • It is almost always Michael that wakes up at night.  We wake Thomas as well, but I do wonder how long he would sleep if we let him.  It could be several more hours, but then of course it could be exactly seventeen minutes.
  • They nap and sleep at night swaddled.  I have tried a couple of times putting them down without the swaddles but it just doesn’t work.  And I’m pretty much thinking I don’t need to fix what ain’t broke.
  • They don’t interact with each other yet.  I’m sure in some way they know the other one is (always!) there, but they don’t seem to smile at each other or “talk” or anything.
  • They are so stinking handsome, but in very different ways.
  • They seem to prefer being carried facing out.  They look a little like sacks of potatoes when I carry them.
  • We never go very far, but they seem to enjoy riding in the car.  If they’re fussy, they don’t like the car to stop.
  • Michael is pretty easy to put to sleep on my lap when needed.  Thomas is harder.  Sometimes he just won’t give it up until we get in the car.  Then he’ll take an eight minute car nap.  We don’t go many places. :)
  • Most of the time they want to eat about every 2 1/2 hours during the day.  Occasionally they’ll have a big stretch during the day – about five hours.  I never know when it’s coming though, so of course I never use the time productively.  :)
  • They both still have one goopy eye each – their left.  They seem to be getting a lot better though, so I’m hoping that will be over soon.
  • They each have a little cold.  They’re congested with runny noses and boogers.  They can still breathe well enough to nurse, and I’m very much praying it doesn’t get worse.  They’re being troopers.
  • Michael spits up more than Thomas, but neither are crazy spitters.
  • They are both (but I think Thomas is more) drooling already.  No babies! :)
  • They are the perfect little additions to our family and we couldn’t imagine life without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment