Thursday, August 28, 2014

August in Review (with pictures!)

Forty-six pictures isn’t too many for one post, is it?

Are you still there?

Oh good.  Here goes!  I’ll try to keep the chatter to a minimum so you can enjoy the pictures.

IMG_3253 1

We had a very heavy rain, and somehow that meant a water spot on the kitchen ceiling.

IMG_3513

Natalie “reading” to Michael.

IMG_3516

The girls dressed James as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

IMG_3528

Michael’s eczema is pretty bad on his ankles, so I often slather him with lotion and then put on socks.  Sometimes they match his diaper, and I find that adorable.

IMG_3542

All this was happening simultaneously one morning.

IMG_3554

My mother and I actually ventured to a restaurant for lunch one day with all five! It was pretty fun, and they did great!

IMG_3559

We had a make-and-take at the last KAMOM (Kingwood Area Mothers of Multiples) meeting.  It’s supposed to be a nest, but I bet that wasn’t your first guess.  :)  My arthritis/carpel tunnel made this veeeerrrrry hard to do, but I managed to get my five chicks in there! The sample ones really did look like nests and were adorable.  I still like mine though.  :)

IMG_3564

I love when Matt grills burgers.  We dress them up with all kinds of deliciousness.

IMG_3593

I made sure to ask Joanna if it was okay to post this next one. :) She wrote a note to her best bud when they were out of town.  I didn’t have an address for them, and I’m not sure there would have been time for real mail anyway, so I just took a picture and emailed it to her mom.

IMG_3599

It says “Dear Anna, I hope you are having a good time in Colorado.  It’s lonely without you.  Do you get to visit Damen?  Please write back. Joanna Hee hee! I’m an ant.”

IMG_3601

James (the conductor) was using a latex glove as a balloon.

IMG_3605

I got to light this candle when a sweet friend was in labor with her newest baby.  It was a great reminder sitting in my kitchen window to pray for her through the day.

IMG_3611IMG_3613

Matt took these next two.

IMG_3268

Methinks the apple dost not fall far from the tree, eh?

IMG_3270

(I must have just finished nursing the boys, which is why the pillow is still wrapped around me.)

IMG_3618IMG_3625IMG_3628

Our first “us-ie.”

IMG_3644IMG_3272

James LOVES wearing footie pajamas, which he has not been able to do in many months.  My mom remembered this and picked him up a new cozy pair at Sams.  I let them run around in them that day, but made him take them off after he was soaked with sweat.  Ha! They’re put away until it gets cold enough.

IMG_3652

Thomas is not a fan of loud noises.  He was in my lap here, but you can still see the wide-eyed worried look on his face as Matt was running something loud (blender, grain mill, food processor? can’t remember) in the kitchen.

IMG_3660

They came out and told me they wanted to be twins that day.

IMG_3662

Eat-in kitchen!

IMG_3668

Another us-ie! Joanna got us all in our Astros duds that day.

IMG_3671

And then I thought we looked so adorable I pulled out the big camera and set the timer.

IMG_3275 5x7

I can’t decide which one I like better!

IMG_3278 5x7

We take phys ed very seriously around here – Thomas has just about gotten the hang of hula hooping.

IMG_3279 1

It’s really the Spiderman slippers that make this outfit, right?

IMG_3687

Natalie drew Sofia the First on the dry erase board.

IMG_3287

See?

IMG_3286

Thomas is EVERYWHERE these days!

IMG_3692

I was playing with the late afternoon light coming in my bedroom window one day.  James came in with his Lego steps, and he made a better model than myself.

IMG_3703

This kid is weird about naps/bedtime.  He has to be exactly just precisely the right amount of tired but not over-tired to fall asleep.  This was weeeeeeeelllllll past bedtime one night, but he was so cheerful!

IMG_3705

In fact, after this I put him on the floor to scootch around and play.  I think he forgot Matt and I were there, but Joanna came out to give him a kiss, and he cried and cried and cried when she walked away.  It was so sweet!

Snacks at Gran’s:

IMG_3710

I ordered a bunch of 5x7s from Mpix the last time they had free shipping and laid them all out when they came in!

IMG_3711

There were a couple I wasn’t thrilled with the color on, so I’m going to fix those, but it’s so fun to get my own images edited by me up on the wall!  Most of them went in the frame above my television.

IMG_3713

I look at those A LOT through the day since it faces the couch where I nurse, and they make me so happy to look at!

Sunday was promotion Sunday at church and they also did a blessing over the kiddos going back to school.  You can see Joanna (in a green dress) over toward the right.  Natalie’s more in the middle, in a dress that matches.

IMG_3716

James was enjoying his snack at the end of the pew.

IMG_3721

Praying.

IMG_3720

All three of my boys crashed on the way home, so I dropped Matt and the girls off at home to eat lunch and change clothes while I drove these guys around.

IMG_3722IMG_3723

I checked this book out from the library last week, and it was wonderful!

IMG_3724

Free child labor. (And get this – they were so excited to get to vacuum that they cleaned up the floor!)

IMG_3725

This is how I found Thomas when I picked him up from the nursery at the Y on Monday.  He was working so hard to get out, and I’m pretty sure he’d have done it if I hadn’t come along.

IMG_3728

No comments:

Post a Comment