Friday was day in the life, and it barely got done. :) I remembered first thing, thanks to my fixed alert on the iPod calendar, but I was sooooooo tired and grouchy that day. I didn’t even get out the big camera! So this is the lazy edition of DITL.
1:28am: Thomas was up (teeth I think). Matt changed his diaper, and I nursed him.
Waking up in the middle of the night to feed a baby or two makes me hungry.
We went back to sleep after that and then the boys were both up at 6:30 (which is actually late for Michael, so yay him!) I nursed them on the couch, then set them down to play while I fixed a bagel and cup of tea for me.
By 7:40 I had sprayed a cockroach, who then died in my kitchen and done some laundry.
A little before 8:00 I got the babies some breakfast in their high chairs.
8:08 found us playing on the floor for a bit.
I nursed them again at 8:20.
Joanna did a little bit of schoolwork beside me on the couch. Must have been a lot of thought involved.
I put the babies down for a nap at 9:00, and despite having a full day’s worth of school to accomplish, put on the movie for the big kids. I crashed in my bed until 10:00. Did I mention I was soooooo tired?!
At 11:00 (I have no idea what happened the hour before), I got lunch for the bigs and then nursed the babies.
Mr. Michael must have been the first one up for some snuggles.
I finished up the Harry Potter books on my Kindle last week. I started rereading back in July, and now I’m kind of sad that I’m done again. Also I think I broke my Kindle there at the end. I dropped it and although it appeared to work fine after that, it kept freezing and needing to be rebooted a day or so after the drop. This is when it froze on me the first time.
About 11:45 we left the house, dropped off something at my mom’s, grabbed a Dr. Pepper for me, and went over to a friend’s house to play for a little while. My big children disappeared with friends as soon as we got there, and the babies were very happy to crawl around on the floor and play with toys.
We left about 2:45 when the babies were done having fun but before they completely turned on me. The fell asleep very quickly in the car, so we drove around to let them sleep.
I stopped at the bank at 3:30, about when they woke up.
At 4:00 we were back home and I was nursing the babies on the couch.
Matt came home a little before 5:00, and we headed to my mom’s house for dinner!
(The bigs are drinking sparkling flavored water.) My step brother and sister were both in town, so we got to visit for a little while. The babies ate and ate and ate!
Mom and David usually have a few neighbors/friends over on Friday nights, and we were still there when everyone started to gather. Our friend Beth stopped by with her daughter and granddaughter. Little Zelda was precious with my kiddos. Here she is giving Michael a kiss. :)
We left a little after 7:00, and I nursed the babies one more time at home at 7:30. The big kids got ready for bed, and we put all five down – phew! Matt and I watched TV until about 9:30ish. Then I read for a little while and was probably asleep by 10:30.
Aaaannndddd…. that’s a wrap!
No comments:
Post a Comment