Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Day in the Life in March

I hate Daylight Savings Time, and both the time changes that go along with it.  I think it’s stupid and ridiculous and it messes with everyone’s life for no good reason I can see.  So there.

Before I was a mother I always loved the fall time change – gain an hour – yay!! But now I like the spring one much better.  And here’s why.

7:40 (that’s SEVEN FORTY): Michael woke up

By 8:10 both boys were up and Matt had changed them while I got myself situated to nurse them.

IMG_5355_edit small

The big kids slept in as well, even not accounting for the time change.  At 9:03 I was having snuggles with my big girl; she and her sister had just gotten up.

IMG_5357_edit small

I finally realized James wasn’t up (the kid is the first one up 97% of the time) and woke him up at around NINE.

Here he is with his adorable bed head at 9:20.

IMG_5360_edit small

Matt fiiiiiiiiiiinally got around to getting rid of his not-running old car this week.  Hallelujah!  And he made a couple bucks on it!

They came and hauled it off at 9:45 (which is one of the reasons we missed church, the others are rain, time change, and grouchy one year olds).

IMG_5361_edit small

I love this front window.  The kids loved watching the car go away.

IMG_5364_edit small

At 10:03 I was sorting dirty laundry to begin washing. (Twelve hours later and it’s still not quite done.)

IMG_5369_edit small

At 11:04 I found myself in the pantry, frustrated at all the mess so I organized the pantry and the kids’ closet that’s also in there.

IMG_5371_edit small

It apparently took about an hour.  :)  It looks so good!  The kids were even excited about it, and at least one of them promised to keep it that way.  Ha!

IMG_5372_edit small

At 12:07 we finally got Thomas up from the nap he wouldn’t take.  Can you tell he loves me the most?

IMG_5375_edit small

I got started on lunch and was getting close to serving by 1:00.  We had French toast, bacon, and smoothies.

IMG_5376_edit small

After lunch Thomas went down for a make-up nap, Matt took James and Michael to run a few errands, and the girls and I cleaned up the kitchen and dining room.

IMG_5380_edit small

Thomas woke up at 2:30, having only slept about 30 minutes I think.  Ew. But we snuggled (well, wrestled, played, rolled, whatever) on my bed while the girls watched a movie in the living room.

IMG_5391_edit small

At 3:46 I took this adorable picture.  Thomas was tickling Michael!

IMG_5392_edit small

The babies continued to play in my room while I watched a little Friends on Netflix and edited some pics.  James joined the girls with their movie.

IMG_5402_edit small

At 5:03 I was making dinner – loaded tostadas.  It’s one meal that everyone loves!

IMG_5403_edit small

Matt’s plate:

IMG_5407_edit small

5:46 – My plate was the last one I made, and I ended up having chips and “dip” since we were out of tostadas.  Super good though!

IMG_5413_edit small

The kids unloaded the dishwasher after dinner then had applesauce for “dessert.” It was 6:04.

IMG_5415_edit small

After that I cleaned up the kitchen and did laundry while Matt wrangled the veeeeeeery grouchy babies.  Actually Michael wasn’t that grouchy but Thomas was a mess.  The big kids cleaned up toys and got ready for bed.

The babies went down about 7:30, and the big kids followed a little before 8:00.

Natalie is my sweep helper.  She always picks up my piles as I go.  :) This was 7:43.

IMG_5416_edit small

After the kids went to bed I took a muuuuuuuch needed shower.  All clean!

IMG_5418_edit small

I then got into bed for some more television, picture editing, and milk and cookies.  :)

By 9:40 I was writing these notes and eating a bowl of leftover noodles. (I got hungry!)

Now it’s 10:20, I’m almost finished on the computer, and I just made Matt stop snoring to go transfer laundry.  :)  I’m going to load a few dishes into the dishwasher and then run it before coming back to bed, hopefully for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment