Sunday, March 1, 2015

The First Half of February

I have been a blog slacker lately, and I don’t see that changing very soon, but I’m trying to keep things posted here as much as I can.  I love looking back on the blog!!  I went through all of my February pics from the camera and iPod and found a few (um, eighty something) that I want to post. Here are the first half or so.  :)

This was one morning after Sunday school.

IMG_4877_edit small

I love this one!

IMG_4882_edit small

This boy was looking so handsome in his purple shirt that I had to take a few pictures of him when we got home as well.

IMG_4887_edit small

Amiright?

IMG_4894_edit small

This kid and his dress up.

IMG_4899_edit small

Brother snack time!

IMG_4900_edit small

Natalie wrote a letter to her buddy Emma.  I just love how her writing has taken off!

IMG_4979_edit small

One day we stopped at my mom’s house for lunch but didn’t have the baby high chairs with us.  My mom tied them to the chairs.  :)

IMG_4983_edit smallIMG_4984_edit small

All the kids had the stomach bug a few weeks ago.  I lovingly refer to that time as PukeFest  2015.  Whenever I snuggle children who are throwing up, I always wear a towel.

IMG_4988_edit small

I’m really enjoying my Project 365, where I make sure to snap at least one picture every day with my Canon 6D. I try to be thoughtful about the pictures, but sometimes I’m busy/lazy/tired, and I just take one to take one.  On this day I was in the kitchen working on dinner, and the light was fading fast when I remembered I hadn’t take a picture.  So I sent Joanna out to the side yard – I snapped this through the window from my kitchen.  :)

IMG_4932_edit small

One Saturday Matt took all the kids on a long walk while I cleaned the house.  It was pretty lovely, and the babies had a stroller nap.

IMG_4990_edit small

Adorable tiny human, yes?

IMG_4953_edit small

The girls were the last ones to fall victim to the stomach bug.  It was so sad!

IMG_5019_edit small

I opened up a little notebook by my bedside table and found this note from Joanna.  Love her!

IMG_5024_edit small

That little thumb-sucker is so adorable.

IMG_4966_edit small

I love this action shot! Michael does not look happy.

IMG_4968_edit small

One Monday I decided we needed a walk, but I really wanted a reward (for myself!) in there.  :) So we walked to Sonic for lunch.

IMG_5026_edit smallIMG_5028_edit small

Then we went across to Kroger for a few things before walking back home.  Thomas didn’t quite make it.  Thankfully he stayed asleep after we got home, and I put was able to put Michael down for a nap in his bed.  I live for nap time.

IMG_5029_edit small

I looked over one day and saw this:

IMG_5032_edit small

I couldn’t believe my tiny Mike had climbed all the way up!  I helped him down but didn’t move the gold bin.  When I looked over later, he was kneeling on top of that!

James… slippers.

IMG_5036_edit small

As soon as I took this picture, I thought “You shall not pass!” He seemed very Gandalf-y.

IMG_4975_edit small

Matt and I celebrated our 9th anniversary, and my sweet girls made cards!

IMG_5040_edit small

Natalie’s says “Dear anniversary girl. I hope you are having…”

Frequently on Wednesday afternoons we find ourselves wanting to leave the house quite early for dinner at the church.  Sometimes we go to the library.  On this day there wasn’t enough time for that (it’s quite an ordeal), so we played for a bit on the playground at the church.  They have one that is pretty toddler oriented.

IMG_4982_edit small

Sadly I had forgotten shoes for the boys.  Michael is disturbed by the mulch on his feet here.  :)

IMG_4986_edit small

This picture looks like nothing, but it reminds me of something cute.  Thomas is pretty obsessed with my bluetooth headset that I use to talk on the phone.  Here, he had put a Barbie crown on his ear and was pretending to talk on the phone.

IMG_5042_edit small

Joanna earns tokens when she completes her Math work each day without THROWING A FIT, and when she gets enough, she can redeem them for Gran time.  On this day she and Gran went to have their nails done.

IMG_5044_edit small

Then they were going to head back to her house for a little sewing lesson, but Grandpa David suggested going out on the boat.

IMG_5046_edit small

David and mom were both taking pictures, so there are A LOT.  She was extremely excited to drive the boat!

IMG_5061_edit smallIMG_5053_edit smallIMG_5054_edit smallIMG_5055_edit smallIMG_5058_edit smallIMG_5059_edit small

That same day apparently there was a nap on me by Michael.

IMG_5051_edit small

Is there anything better than a big sister who will push you around?

IMG_5064_edit smallIMG_5065_edit small

We have quite the baby corner at enchilada night these days. I love that.

IMG_5003_edit small

The Vandenberges left us tickets to Cirque du Soleil on Valentine’s Day. We took the girls and were able to leave the boys with the very fabulous Aunt Gail and Uncle Steve.

IMG_5069_edit small

It was such a cool show, and we had a great time!

IMG_5072_edit small

I’ve found a shelf on my bookcase that is a pretty good height for taking a selfie.

IMG_5011_edit small

Here is some more writing from Natalie.  It says “I hope you are having a good time with God. If you are having a bad time, remember that God is always with you.”

IMG_5076_edit small

She’s always writing things about God and Jesus, and I just love that.

Next up, the rest of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment