Saturday, June 30, 2007

New Places to Sit and Time with Family

So these days Joanna is very into rolling over back to front. Unfortunately she then gets stuck and must be rescued. Even more unfortunately, she tries this rolling over thing in her bouncer while she's buckled in (I have no picture of this -- you'll need to use your imagination). This means is no longer very fun for Joanna to sit in her bouncer much. We have discovered that sitting in the high chair is pretty fun, though. (It has a 5-point harness, so no rolling over!) "I'm not eating food here yet, but I have a great view of my feet!
Here's Joanna in the Bumbo chair in the nursery at church. She loved it! She could relax and watch everything going on around her without having to hold herself up or worry about rolling over and not being able to roll back.
On Sunday, we went to my Aunt Kalli's house across town for a memorial service for my Great Aunt Bettianne who passed away last month. It was a sad reason to get together, but it was wonderful to see a lot of family, most of whom hadn't met Joanna.I have always been very blessed to have a very close extended family. My mom grew up with her cousins. I grew up with my second cousins. The little boy in the picture above is Keelan, Joanna's third cousin. Keelan just loved Joanna -- he is such a sweet 3 year old! He called her his baby sister. So cute!
Joanna getting a loving hug from Keelan. Also, Mikey, Joanna's other third cousin, and their mom, Kara, my second cousin -- got that? We simplify in my family by calling everybody older Aunt or Uncle so-and-so, and everybody the same age our cousins.

My Wonderful Aunt Gail held Joanna while I ate, even though she was crying and crying (just tired, nothing to do with Aunt Gail!).

At the end of it all, Joanna was pooped. We got her to bed a little late, and she sure was ready -- not a peep out of her before she fell asleep!

It was a very short visit to cram in time with everybody, especially with such a fussy Joanna! I look forward to spending more time with everyone. I really enjoyed getting to visit a little with my cousins (Joanna's 2nd cousins once removed!) from across the pond and everybody from the Dallas area. Everybody's growing up so fast! We have to get together more often...

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love the Bumbo seat picture AND the one in the highchair looking at her feet! Precious :-) Glad you had fun visiting with your family!

    ReplyDelete