Sunday, June 10, 2007

What's New

I haven't posted much (at all) this week, although I did write one posting that I decided not to publish. It was really just too much information. Suffice it to say we've been having major sleep issues lately: Joanna is tired, we're tired, and we're not quite sure what to do about it. In better news, Joanna is as cute as ever and learning new things all the time!

For a while now, Joanna has loved bath time. She can be fussy fussy in my arms, and like magic, the water makes her happy. She loves to kick and splash. I'm looking forward to when she can sit up in the big bathtub and enjoy toys and things. Bathtime is something we all look forward to these days.



This little Winnie the Pooh outfit has ears on the hood! It's too hot to wear these days, but we had to get some pics because she's so cute!




I usually change Joanna on my desk at work so I don't have to get all the way down to the floor. She loves looking at this little sun that's hanging there. She smiles and talks to it while I get a little work done.




Joanna has some major head control these days. She gets tired pretty quickly (hard work!), but she likes to look around from this angle. She always produces a lot of drool in this position!

We appear to have made a major breakthru regarding riding in the car. Joanna doesn't view it as torture any more! Yea!! If she's tired, she will now fall asleep in the car. If she's happy, she sometimes will fuss, but mostly she'll talk to her little bug friends on her carseat for the whole ride somewhere. I have a couple of times now been able to actually run quick errands leaving her in the seat (which I take in with me, of course). It is a whole new exiting wonderful experience to have a child who is soothed by riding in the car.

Joanna doesn't actually use her bed to sleep in, but occasionally she likes to lay there and play. Today, she was trying so hard to get a good angle in her little mirror that she stuck her leg through the slats. It was a little while before it bothered her and Daddy had to go in and rescue her.

1 comment:

  1. Her leg through the slats is so funny! As always, she's as cute as ever! I hate to hear she's having major sleep issues...I thought things were on a bit of a turn around. I think Joanna just doesn't want you getting too used to things--she likes to keep you on your toes :-)

    ReplyDelete