I guess it's not technically bed head if the child goes to bed with the funky hair -- I guess that's "bath head." I sort of figured it would flatten out overnight. It didn't. I think this picture of sweet Joanna this morning is hilarious.
I know I mentioned this in the last post, but Joanna definitely has her first cold. She has the whole snotty nose, congestion, bark of a seal thing going on. She was actually a pretty happy baby today. It doesn't seem to be a really bad cold (of course I don't have it, so what do I know), and Joanna is being a real trooper. This sure hasn't been her month though: first injury, first fever, first cold. Yuck.
Spring has sprung in our front yard. I know it's not technically spring yet, but hello people I live in Houston -- it's getting hot! My mom and I planted impatiens today. We cleared out the beds, mixed in good dirt and stuff, and put the plants in. I'm so excited -- we finally have done something to our yard after living here for 15 months! (I have excuses if you want to hear them.) Here's our newly beautiful "landscaping:"
Red impatiens where there used to be dead leaves, purple cabbage stuff, and who knows what else. I hope they do well here!!
White impatiens where there used to be even more dead leaves and some non-thriving rose plants. We transplanted the roses to a more sunny place -- I hope they survive. We also ripped out some dying monkey grass that was surrounding this bed on the front. We may end up putting some kind of brick or stone around it, but for now...We were originally going to plant the ferns in the ground, but decided to hang one and put one on a little bench -- I like how it creates some "levels" on the porch.
Your new flowers are ever so lovely! Hooray! Sorry to hear that Joanna is not at her best this week. Same story over here. We can get "My kid's nose is more boogery than your kids nose" bumper stickers or something.
ReplyDelete