Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sleeping and voting, but not at the same time.

Joanna's sleeping pattern has changed a bit recently, and I think my body just hasn't caught up yet. I've been staying up too late getting things done, and waking up (too) early because Joanna feels like it, I guess. She's really not waking up that early -- it's a pretty reasonable time, and I don't mind, but I've been feeling sooooo tired the past few days. Finally yesterday when I layed Joanna down at around 2:45 for a nap, I crashed too. I woke up at about 4:00 (!) to this lovely picture: I was expecting to hear Miss Joanna and get up from my nap about 27 minutes after I layed down, but my wonderful mother heard her first and grabbed her. Joanna just needed some snuggling, I guess, and they both fell asleep for a while longer. It was so precious!
Yesterday evening Matt and I headed off to vote in the primary election(to different polling places for different parties!). Joanna came with me and was such a trooper! The line was pretty long, and I had to stand in it twice because I had to fill out a statement of residence. You know, because I moved over A YEAR ago. Oh well.
Happily sitting in the stroller with a snack.

Mommy and Joanna voting for some candidates. We had fun, and I got sooooo many comments on how beautiful, smart, well-behaved, precious, etc. Joanna was!

If your wondering who took this picture: Matt got finished voting in like 5 seconds and went home, so I called him and made him come get the baby after I had to go back to the end of the line. When he got there we were almost done so he and Joanna hung out while I finished.

1 comment:

  1. Hands down Joanna is the most beautiful little girl in the entire world!!! I think it might be because she looks so much like her Aunt Kathryn!!!!:-P

    ReplyDelete