Monday, August 25, 2008

18 months!

Get this: Joanna is 18 months old! I know, I can hardly believe it myself. She's actually been 18 months since Friday, but we've been busy. I did take a few pictures on the actual day, but Blogger is having some issues, so you'll have to see them later. Here is something even more surprising/amazing/unbelievable than Joanna being 18 months old: she is ON THE GROWTH CHART. Yup, we had a well-visit (and shots!) today, and I thought the Dr. Harper's eyes were going to bug out of his head when her plotted her weight. He actually didn't think it was right at first. She made a HUGE jump in weight since 15 months. Trust me, I feel it in my arms! She did have a really big growth spurt at the beginning of the summer -- shoes, clothes, my arms -- they let me know. It was really big to see it on the chart, though. She was padding along at a steady rate, then BOOM! huge spurt. And she's not just barely on the chart; she's really on the chart. I should've taken a picture -- did not occur to me at the time. We had to break the news to Dr. Harper that we're on Blue Cross Blue Sheild so we will have to leave him in March. He was sad. I mean, wouldn't you be? Luckily, the timing will allow us to get in to see him for Joanna's 2 year check-up as well as all of New Baby's new baby stuff. So here's what I'm praying for in regards to all of that:

1. That BCBS will be nice and work with TX Children's Pediatrics Associates so they will continue to carry our insurance. Or,

2. That Matt's work will see our distress (and the distress of many others in our situation) and offer another insurance carrier for us to choose from. Or,

3. That we will find another fabulous pediatrician in our area NOT affiliated with TX Children's Pediatric Associates.

Unfortunately, Matt's company is based out of California so I don't think they're actually going to care about the few people over here having this issue.

I've rambled far more than I intended to, and I still have another post to work on!
Yea! Blogger worked out it's issue, so here are our lovely 18 month photo shoot pictures. Joanna wasn't exactly being agreeable to sitting and posing.
Aerobics, anyone?Awwww, kissing the Cow.

Being silly with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment