Friday, August 22, 2008

A few more details and some rambling.

I just posted the major information yesterday -- I knew people were dying to know about our little girl! We all went to the appointment yesterday morning. It was at a perfect time for us to get out of the house -- 9:30. It was raining, but not badly when we got to the doctor's office. Joanna was wonderful as we were waiting. Mostly she just wanted to wander around. There is a long hallway that connects to the lobby but isn't the office part. She loved just walking up and down it. She wasn't too into the "movie" of New Baby. I'd brought some distractions, but she wasn't really into those either. Oh well. Matt wrangled her in the little ultrasound room for a while, then took her out to wander up and down the hallway some more. I was VERY impressed with my sonographer this time. With Joanna's first ultrasound, we had this lady who was either having a bad day or just didn't have a dynamic personality at all. It was like pulling teeth to get any information out of her. This time, the lady was very descriptive about the parts of the little one we were looking at and the measurements and everything. I felt comfortable asking her questions -- I felt very educated after the session. I must say I was a little shocked when she said "It looks like a girl." I think I had really psyched myself up for a boy. So I repeated, "girl, girl" out loud. After it sunk in I was ecstatic. I am so excited to have another little girl. In the past few weeks I've found myself watching sisters that I see out in public. I'm excited about dressing them alike (as long as they'll let me!), and I'm so glad they'll each have a sister. Even though Kathryn and I were ROTTEN to each other growing up, there's is nothing in the world like having a sister. The things that keeps me from being scared that these two will end up like Kathryn and me is that they'll be much closer together than we were, they have MATT AND ME as parents :), and Joanna seems so much more like Kathryn than me. I don't know why these things make me feel better, but they do. It was rough having a sister growing up. I like her okay now :) (I love you, Kathryn!), but I guess you just can't be mean to anyone like you can be mean to your siblings. Anyway, after the ultrasound appt, I saw the doctor, who basically ran in and said "The ultrasound looks great -- have any questions?" Nope, and home we came. We kept Matt for lunch, but then had to let him go back to work. Bummer being the bread-winner. :) Joanna and I finished the rest of our church work yesterday afternoon, so I am DONE for this week! Yea!! I can't wait 'till Mother's Day Out starts up for the fall!

2 comments:

  1. Sisters are very special to have! Mine is 2 years younger than me, and we fought like cats and dongs for most of our teenage years. Now we're the best of friends! There's no one else on earth that knows you like a sister!

    I'm just so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Jess, that I'm SUPER close to my sisters now...we always have been pretty much, although Beth and I and Jenny and I tended to clash some. Beth and I either LOVED each other and played together really really well, or we fought, but our fights never lasted that long. Anyway, I'm sure if you raise them in a consistant, Christ-loving home, they'll both turn out wonderfully!
    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete