Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fun Weekend!!

As I may have mentioned before, my dad and step-mom flew in this weekend from Oklahoma to reclaim their van. They came in Friday and just left this afternoon. We had such a nice visit with them!
Here is Joanna on our last solo trip in the van! Nana and Popo's flight came in at 1:24, so it didn't take Joanna long to fall asleep on the way to pick them up. She took a proper Joanna nap, too, which was very nice. Nana and Popo were hungry (and Joanna and I can always eat!) so we stopped in Humble for a bite before going to the hotel. Mmmmm.... dessert!
Putting crayons in the box and dumping them out is much more fun than coloring!
There are lots of wonderful things to do in hotels when you are one.
Like being an ice bucket head.
And carrying a little make-up case as your overnight bag.
Playing in the cold wind is always enjoyable.
Friday we hung out at the hotel for a while, letting Joanna just explore the wonderness of a hotel room. Then we headed to our house and visited for a while.
On Saturday we decided to hit Old Town Spring. We haven't been since March -- the last time Dad and Renee were here. Joanna got to explore a bit more this time. Mostly we pushed the diaper bag around in the stroller, instead of Joanna.
Some family pics:
Aren't we precious?!

Matt's precious, too!
Here's a belly shot for everyone! I'm 31 1/2 weeks pregnant. Whoo hoo!
Daddies are SO MUCH FUN!!
It honest-to-goodness makes my whole body hurt to think of doing this. I'm so glad Joanna has Matt!
There was LOTS to climb on/around at Old Town Spring.
Such determination!
Sweet face!

We ate lunch at Wunche (I may have left out a couple of letters) Bros. restaurant. YUM! Joanna especially loved drinking her milk out of the big cup with a straw. Forget sippies!
Ah.... the ceilings are so lovely here.
The "old man" bench. Everybody's wives were inside, I guess. That's my dad on the left (obviously not an old man, right?)
Inside one cute little store I saw something I wanted to get for Baby Sister so much! However, I cannot justify paying $27 for a cap, even a really really cute one. I've decided I just need to make one (or convince someone else to make one for us!)
I don't know what exactly it is that I love SO MUCH about this little hat. I just think it's fabulous! I mean, when they're teeny tiny, they don't move around, and they need bling on their little bald heads. Since Baby Sister will be born in the winter, she's going to need some little hats -- they may as well have big purple butterflies on them!
Right outside the little store we parked by, there was a bubble machine going (snow, I think). A gaggle of kiddos had stopped to play, and Joanna joined in the fun!

Some Mommy and Joanna shots.


Another car nap! She fell asleep on the way back to Nana and Popo's hotel. Super Matt moved the carseat (and Joanna) over to our car and buckled her in without waking her up! Then he got her out of the car at home and she fell back asleep on him. She slept for 2+ hours!! Wow!
That evening, we went to J. Christophers for dinner -- yum! Joanna LOVES cheese pizza!

We're so glad Nana and Popo got to come see us! We wish they could've stayed longer, but we enjoyed the time we had together. Joanna LOVES all her grandparents. Nana and Popo and Mamma and Pop were over this afternoon for a couple of hours. We tried to put Joanna down for a nap while they were here, but that was really just cruel and unusual punishment, and it didn't work! So she stayed up and entertained everyone. They left around 3:00, and Joanna took a Mommy snap! Yea! I love holding my sweet girl when she sleeps.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is the ice bucket head! It looks like it fit so perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a really good visit. I haven't seen you in a while, so it was fun to see the belly shot.

    ReplyDelete