Just in the last couple of days, Joanna has begun to say, "mine." She's starting out small, mostly calling her blanket and her lovey "mine," and sometimes she plays the "mine game" with Gran. This is where Gran goads her into arguing "mine" back and forth. So far, it's cute, and I know it's a sign of her growing independence and individuality. Yea for that!
Another sort of recent development has to do with my growing belly. Personally I love that I look good and pregnant. Sure, my back hurts (kind of a lot) and carrying Joanna is nearing impossible, but I think the belly is very cute! Anyway, I've had tons of comments recently that imply people don't think I'm going to make it to my due date, or even close. Like this conversation: Kind-hearted person: "When's your due date?" Me: "January 8th" Person: "Ha! Yeah, right!" Perhaps I'm exaggerating a little, but I've had at least two people respond like that, and many many more react with disbelief that I'm not closer to being due! While it doesn't really bother me, it's not a very helpful thought for someone who wants to delude herself into thinking she'll make it through Christmas! And of course, I may. I may even make it past my due date (or at least into January!) There's a little part of me that is excited about the possibility of having Baby Sister before Christmas, though. I wonder what the Christmas dinner is at the hospital? :)
I think you look great! I always looked too big, too, and I made it to my due date:)
ReplyDeleteIf you're in the hospital on Christmas, call me. I'll bring you some of our Christmas dinner...BBQ and the best potatoes ever!
I feel like I haven't seen you in ages, and the last time I did see you was at church when you were in the choir robe--and I couldn't even tell you were pregnant there :-) You're looking like all belly, which was my look as well. I think it's a lovely look!
ReplyDelete