Whatever it was, Joanna seems to have gotten over it very quickly. She took that little nap on Daddy last night, then woke up to throw up again. That was about 6, and it was the last time we saw her throw up. She was immediately a different girl. She was smiling and playing and up walking around. Maybe it was something she ate since she got over it so quickly. She was asking for water, so we gave her some pedialyte -- "juice." We gave her a bath and put her to bed normally. I didn't hear a peep from her all night. I discovered this morning that she did throw up one more time some time in the night, but I'm not even sure she woke up for it. The grape pedialyte was the only clue (ewwww, I know!).
I'm sad she can't go to school today -- really really sad (for her, you know). She seems back to normal this morning, so hopefully we'll be back on schedule this week for our regular stuff.
We've got lots to do to get ready for Nana and Popo coming in this Friday. Yea!! They're coming to take back their van, and I figure I ought to return it to them as clean as I got it. :)
Poor Joanna (and you and Matt!)!
ReplyDeleteI bet it was just a nasty virus...Josh gets them every so often, and it usually happens exactly how you described Joanna's. The reason they go away so fast, is that the virus, by the time the symptoms are recognizible, it has just about burnt itself out and is over right after they get sick. Random trivia for you. But I'm glad she's better, and she shouldn't be contagious anymore, either. Hope no one else gets sick, either!
I'm definitely glad things are on the upswing!!! I'm so happy that ya'll have made it as long as you have without dealing with that yuckiness! I feel like I've dealt with it too many times in Abby's short 18 months of life ;-)
ReplyDelete