A cute pic of Matt and Natalie chillin' last night.
This morning -- a little "happy awake time" in the boppy.
Close-up of the shirt!
Silly face from Joanna. She didn't really want her picture taken -- has it started so soon?!
Awwww... sweet sisters!
Not too much going on around here. Here are a few recent random things I've done/been thinking about...whatever:
- Last Sunday I almost walked out the door in a dress. I seemed to have forgotten for a moment that that would have been disastrous come feeding time.
- Last Sunday right after church we came home, fed the girls, and put them down for naps. Then, I went to the grocery store ALL BY MYSELF. Honestly, I felt a little naked.
- I miss parking in the stork spot at Kroger. It is the best stinkin' spot in the parking lot (and it should be!) But that is probably the only thing I miss about being pregnant.
- Tonight I was leaving a party with Natalie. I put her in the carseat and she fussed. My friends asked if she was like Joanna -- cried every single time she was in the carseat for the entire duration of the ride. I said basically no that she'd calm down once we got moving. Well, I had to eat my words. She screamed THE WHOLE WAY HOME. Poor poor baby -- she was hungry and tired... a terrible combination. She is taking really short, not deeply sleeping-ish kinds of naps lately...not good. She is however asleep right now. So should I be!
- I have discovered a few ways to get Joanna to eat veggies lately. I can mix pureed sweet potato into applesauce and she thinks it's wonderful. Messy, but wonderful. I can also spread pureed sweet potato on our "homemade" tortilla pizzas with the pizza sauce and she thinks it's great. We've eaten a couple of frozen pizzas lately (we do eat other things, too) that are the kind with all kinds of toppings on them. Normally I don't buy these (cause I don't like veggies on my pizza), but Joanna will eat the veggies on the pizza! No more cheese pizza for this kid! She's pretty good about eating raw spinach on her sandwiches (unless she just pulls the whole thing apart to get to the cheese.) She also likes scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese mixed in. Maybe there's hope for her yet!
That's awesome...I wish I could sneak all that past Josh...however, I have tried the chopped mixed veggies in the applesauce...it worked once. After that, he refused the applesauce. However, cooked carrots seem to work much better, esp. if I put cinnamon on them. I also tried finely chopped (like in the elec. chopper) broccoli in his spaghetti sauce last night...he ate some, and I don't think you could really taste it, even knowing it was there. Maybe that would be an idea for you? ANyway, glad she's eating more veggies for you!
ReplyDeleteCute pics!!!! I wish I had a camera when I dropped Anna off at school this morning... Joanna crawled in a little pop up tent thing and her head was sticking up through the mesh looking at me when I was saying hi to her. All the adults around thought she was really funny. Hope the crying in the car was a one time random event! I mince zuchinni with a cheese grater and put it in my spaghetti sauce - I used to puree it in with the sauce in a blender and nobody can tell its there but grating is easier. Works great for teenage boys too!
ReplyDelete