Sunday, February 22, 2009

My 2 year old

Becoming two takes time, but after it happens it seems to have happened so quickly.
  • Today Joanna fell asleep in the car on the way home from Aunt Mindy's house. I can't remember the last time she fell asleep in the car. At some point, it just stopped happening.
  • I'm not sure when she stopped, but Joanna doesn't sign anymore. She doesn't need to. She can say anything. I might be the only one who understands her sometimes, or she may have to show us, but she can say anything.
  • Some of her very independent phrases include, "mine," "no," and "Joanna do it." She uses these phrases frequently.
  • She loves reading. "More book" she'll say. Most of the time we read before bed, but we read a little other times too. Her current favorites are a Sesame Street counting book that she calls "Ernie" and a Mary Engelbreit Mother Goose book she calls "Dumpy Dumpy" (Humpty Dumpty).
  • She loves to draw with anything and on anything that's available.
  • She has a couple of comfort objects: a soft green blanket, and a little giraffe blanket thing. She calls them "Blanket-Lovey." They're kind of one unit. If she's got one, she has them both. We have a backup Lovey, but I'm pretty terrified of losing Blanket (although I know she'd do fine).
  • She has something I call "stealth mode." She moves really really fast!

Oh, I love this child!

No comments:

Post a Comment