Every morning I like to sit up in bed, eat a bit, sip on something, and read a little on my iPod. The kids join me when they wake up. This morning Natalie was first, and she got to feel the brothers movin’ and shakin’ in the belly.
This morning we all headed as a family to do a big Wal-Mart run. We usually grocery shop at Kroger, but I had enough “Wal-martish” things on the list that we thought we’d just try and get everything for the coming week(s) in one spot. I absolutely, positively used the electric scooter thing. I felt a little embarrassed, but walking is rough for me these days, and I need to rest a lot. So I drove my little cart and usually Joanna walked with me to fetch things off the shelf, and Matt pushed the kids in the big cart. I ran out of battery when we were almost done, and even that little bit of walking wore me out!
But we got just about everything we came for, and the kids did SO WELL, even though we got home well after a proper lunch time. :)
This evening Matt grilled dinner for us, and it was SO GOOD. He grilled sweet potato fries, onions, and burgers.
This is mine. Is it technically still a burger if you don’t use a bun? I piled my meat up with cheese, grilled onions, avocado, leftover bacon, and spinach. So so so good. And I have discovered recently that I really love grilled sweet potato “fries.” We did them today the way my mom does, and I could have eaten most of them. :)
Grilled Sweet Potato “Fries”
peel sweet potatoes and slice them into fries
toss in olive oil and minced garlic (we like the kind that comes in a jar for this, but I’m sure fresh would also be lovely)
Microwave them for 3 minutes to kick-start the cooking
Grill until soft and brown. Matt was grilling at about a medium temperature, but you could probably do them at whatever temp the grill was on, just adjusting the cooking time and amount you move them around. We just got a grill topper that’s good for cooking veggies since it’s more of a mesh, and they don’t fall through. :) Perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment