Monday, August 26, 2013

Last Day First Day

This post ended up being kind of like a run-on sentence.  It just kept going!  You have been warned. 

Last week was the last day of Kindergarten/3 year old/nursery Sunday School!

I took my camera just to get a quick shot of each kiddo.

Joanna with her best bud.  (She’s holding her church sandals because Lisa had brought her Toms that she left and Joanna put those on instead.)

IMG_0691

This was my best “official pic” of the day.  :)  I deeply deeply deeply LOVE these three ladies who teach the three year old Sunday school.  They are so sweet and loving and always there.  I love that continuity! I don’t know these other kiddos, but they wanted in the picture too!

IMG_0694

My Jamesie boy’s LAST DAY ever in the nursery.  Sniff, sniff.  This is our first time since the spring of 2007 not to have a kiddo in the nursery on Sunday morning.  If I wasn’t growing a couple of replacements, I’d be having a rough time right now!

IMG_0697

Yesterday was promotion Sunday – time to move on up!

Before church.  It appears we get ready for church much more quickly when Daddy’s not there.  Hmmmmm…

IMG_0721 1

{Matt had training all day Saturday and Sunday, so we had to go without him.}

I posted several because Natalie just looks so stinkin’ cute in each one (which is abnormal and bizarre) while the others’ faces are mid-change or something odd.

IMG_0723 1IMG_0725 1

A man saw me taking pics of the three at church and offered to take one of all of us.  He said then I could prove I’d been to church that day.  :)

IMG_0727

I managed to drop all the kiddos off at their Sunday school classes (which required climbing stairs – boo!) and get to mine on time.  Whew!  Then I gathered them up (stairs again!), got everyone a snack, and found a spot in the 11 service together.  They did a blessing of the backpacks (or children, if you don’t have/didn’t bring a backpack) and gave them each a keychain with a cross on it.  It was very sweet!

All three kiddos went up; James and Natalie will start preschool in a couple of weeks.

The congregation raised hands over the children and prayed for them.  You can see James (over on the left) with his hand raised as well.  Cutie pie!

IMG_0737

It was a very sweet addition to the service and an excellent way to send the kiddos off to school!

After church there was a big dinner and the “Back to School Splash” involving water toys and fun.  Since we knew Matt wasn’t going to be there, I made the decision a while back that we wouldn’t go.  I was sad we had to miss it (and someone even asked me to take pictures!), but I knew it was beyond my capability to monitor all three around water outside.  I prepped them that we wouldn’t go (there were still some tears though!) and promised fast food for the way home.  :)  But then I got a text from Aunt Mindy that she and Uncle Steve were bringing over lunch!  That got big cheers from everyone!

IMG_0744

It was a lovely visit with two of our favorite people, and it made the day go by more quickly.

I sure was bushed!  I’m not used to Matt coming home after six in the evening.  Yuck!  And then we had our first Bradley class last night.  I’m definitely enjoying today with Matt home.  I’m cramming a weekend worth of rest into today.  :)

In fact, it’s the first day of public school around here, and we hardly did any school at all today.  Ha!  We did do lots of playing and some chores and reading with Daddy.  And it was lovely.  And we’ll catch up on the other stuff this week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment