Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Playing in the Rain

Tuesday morning Joanna and I sent the little ones off to school with Lisa, and we packed up our homeschooling stuff.  Our house was being cleaned (!!!) so we headed to my Grandma’s to work.  Even though we essentially dropped in on Grandma and Aunt Gail, they still fed us lunch.  :)  We’re such lucky girls.

It started to rain just as we were leaving, and when we got home there was quite a healthy downpour.  Wahoo!  I told Joanna to go get her rain gear on and let me take pictures of her playing in the puddles.

She was SO EXCITED!  (And I was excited to just have one dripping, muddy kiddo to mess with after the fun.)  :)

I played around with different edits on some of these pictures, so you kind of have to look at them individually, instead of as a group to appreciate them.  They don’t really mesh.

Trying to stomp in the shallows:

IMG_1011 1

Come pose for your mother:

IMG_1012 1

And then running out to the street where the real puddles are!

IMG_1015 1

I think this one may be my favorite.  I like how it shows her motion of jumping and running around in the puddles.

IMG_1027 3

Stopping to look at her reflection:

IMG_1034 1

I wanted to slow my shutter speed down a bit to show the motion of the water as she splashed.  It made her blurry too though.

IMG_1044 1

The response I got when I asked her how excited she was to play in the rain and puddles:

IMG_1051 1

And she’s big enough that she wiped off her feet and hopped in a warm shower to rinse off the mud with almost no help from me.  Whew!

I kind of dream about having a bathroom with a door to the outside.  Just open the bathroom up and let the muddy, dirty, sweaty kids in to shower.  Clean only one room instead of also the trail there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment