Thursday, February 6, 2014

January iPod Dump

Since I got my new iPod with the better camera (Hallelujah!!), I’ve stopped carrying around my small point and shoot (which frankly I hated anyway).  I take quite a few pics with the iPod and mostly share them on Facebook.  Occasionally I share them here too, so pardon if some of these shots are repeats.  I can’t possibly keep it all straight.  :)

The kids can often be found in some variation of this position – they love for Joanna to read out loud to them.

IMG_1569

Natalie drew this picture of a house with Santa Claus and his sleigh.  All the “writing” on the house is a Christmas Carol, but I can’t remember which one.

IMG_1581

Joanna lined up all these math manipulatives and wanted to take a picture of them.

IMG_1646

I believe I took this one to text to Matt.  (It’s Michael.)

IMG_1649

James figuring out the etch-a-sketch at Grandma’s house.

IMG_1652

Those extremely handsome boys! Thomas, on the left, looks tinier than Michael due to the perspective of the picture, but I assure you he is not.  :)

IMG_1677

Sitting on the front porch with Thomas, wishing I had a rocker or a porch swing out there.

IMG_1679

I can’t remember if this was a double or triple batch of our favorite pancakes.  Yummo.

IMG_1680

We must have gone outside to color/write one day.

IMG_1682

The girls have a couple of swaddle blankets that don’t fit the boys that they love to wrap their dolls and animals in.  :)

IMG_1685

This is James’ current favorite thing to dress up in.  Sadly, he cannot quite put it on by himself.  What I love about this picture is that James is in focus and the girls are blurry, flitting around behind him.

IMG_1692

Thomas asleep one evening (morning?)  I think if the swaddles were reversed and he could be freeing his right hand instead of his left that he would have figured out how to suck his thumb by now… maybe they both would.

IMG_1695 1

James LOVES this sparkly bag for carrying around an assortment of trains and whatnot.

IMG_1696

I pulled these three socks out of the dryer one day and no others.  Where did the other three go?

IMG_1697

I toss all lonely socks into the drawer of their owner and every now and then go through and match them up.  Usually they’re just in a different load than their matches.  (Or wedged between the wall and the bed.  Or under the couch.  Or in another drawer.  Or in the dress up bin.  Or…)

Michael, all swaddled in the swing.  For a long while I was putting them down for naps in their swings, not even trying to get them to sleep in the crib.  They sleep there great at night, but weren’t settling there for naps.  Just this week though I’ve started putting them in the crib during the day and it seems to be working out alright.

IMG_1698

I love how Thomas kind of smiles with his whole body.  :)

Thomas

I pulled these out of a closet one day for the kids to play with.  They were mine way back when.  One of them was named Jeremiah.  (As in, “Jeremiah was a bull frog.”)  Then the others got Biblical names as well, but I don’t really remember what they were.  The lizard may have been Solomon.

IMG_1705

Joanna is my helper when I bring the boys to Musikgarten class.  I LOVE that we’re able to go to a baby class!!!  This past class I was dancing with Thomas, and he giggled at me!!!  He kept doing it over and over again – my grin was so huge!

IMG_1709

I’m pretty sure I took this picture because Joanna took it upon herself to fix a little salad when she was hungry. 

IMG_1710

I used to just despise onions, but now I really love them cooked in a lot of things.

IMG_1715

I’m not sure there’s a better smell that onions being cooked in bacon grease.  Yum!!

IMG_1717

Natalie was snuggled up by Thomas.

IMG_1719

At enchilada night – Michael:

IMG_1722

And Thomas with Aunt Gail.  It’s the best to have lots of extra arms around to hold the babes!

IMG_1725

James’ favorite character on Star Trek: The Next Generation is Counselor Deanna Troy.  I’m pretty sure he thinks she beautiful.  Anyway, he also likes to pretend to be her when the girls are pretending to be someone.  Joanna drew this for him.  It says “Deanna Troy” at the top and “To James” at the bottom.

IMG_1727

Michael.

IMG_1729

Last weekend James threw Natalie’s shoe over the back fence.  How he managed it I’m not sure, but it’s her only pair of tennis shoes right now so I was in a hurry to get it back before the big dogs that live there ate it.  Fortunately they weren’t out at the time.  Thomas was awake (and Matt was home), so I decided to walk around the block with the single stroller and put a note on the door asking them to toss the shoe back over.  Except I couldn’t figure out which house it was because I am challenged in that way.  And my husband, who is not challenged in that way, would not answer his phone.  So I walked all the way back home, and climbed up on the fence, taking a look to see if I could hop over.  I could have, but there would not have been a way to get back, save walking out through their gate and around the block.  I do not know these people at all, so I didn’t want to do that.  The shoe was closeish to the fence though, and I was able to fashion a pole to grab it with!  I used two sturdy sticks and some duct tape.  Joanna took this picture of me.

IMG_1733

We’re at my mom’s house.  This is Thomas.  That is all I know.

IMG_1735

I love these shirts with the ties on them – cute!

IMG_1737

From the “big” ice storm last week:

IMG_1738

Joanna grabbed a little jar to collect some and put it in the freezer.  She wanted to show her daddy when he got home.

IMG_1741

In the front – no ice because no deck.

IMG_1743

It was a perfect day for some hot chocolate!

IMG_1746

I just recently “made” (Jiffy, people) cornbread in my cast iron skillet.  I vow to never make it any other dish again.  So much better than glass.

IMG_1749

Mom stopped by one day to bring something I’m sure, and of course the big kids did not want her to leave!

IMG_1762

I took no less than SIX pictures of bagelwiches last month.  Here are a few.  :)

bagelwich

I had been soooooo enjoying eating one almost every day for awhile.  But now I don’t feel like making them anymore.  That’s so how it goes.  :)

Candice passed down some Thomas PJs for James, and for some reason everyone needed to try them on.  They fit Natalie the best, but the waist is snug enough for James to wear them even though they’re big.  And wear them he does, every time they’re clean!

IMG_1757

I’m pretty sure this was a very very long post, but that just has to happen sometimes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment