Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sleep

One day a couple or so weeks ago Michael kept falling asleep on me every time he ate.  :)

IMG_1775IMG_1778

He was so cute I had to take his picture every time.

IMG_1779

This boy doesn’t nap regularly, but sometimes we’ll be watching some television in the afternoon and I’ll look over and see this:

IMG_1782

In the last couple of weeks I noticed the boys were really moving around in their crib while they were sleeping/getting to sleep.  We’d lay them down parallel to each other and find them like this:

IMG_1399

I was worried they’d end up in a pile with somebody on the bottom, maybe not able to breathe, so it was time for separate cribs!

They don’t seem to miss each other, and they’re sleeping about as well as ever, so… yay!

Thomas:

IMG_1438

Michael:

IMG_1440

They don’t do it all the time, but they have both rolled from back to front in the crib.  Michael did it first:

IMG_1441

But it was the same day that Thomas did it as well!  This was Thursday the 20th, for the record!

IMG_1896 (2)

I had thought they were ready to sleep without the swaddles or maybe with their arms free, but they aren’t quite as ready as I thought.  Michael does okay sleeping with his blanket just wrapped around his chest, but Thomas struggles if his arms are free.  I want them to be able to have their arms free for when they roll over though.  My sister showed me how to swaddle them with their arms up by their face, and that’s working for Thomas.  Neither of them has started sleeping on their belly, even though they can sort of (at least sometimes) get there.  My big three were never swaddled this long, so this is something new for us.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment