Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Day in the Life in May

Can you believe it?  Here I am writing about the 8th… on the 9th!  So here’s May’s day in the life – it was a Thursday.

7:00am: woke up to nurse babies.  (This means that they slept until 7 – wahoo!)

8:10: Topped off babies so I could be gone a couple of hours.

About 8:45 my mom came over to watch everyone except Natalie.

9:00am: dropped Natalie off at school (and realized it was the 8th so I took a random picture of her backpack hung up).

IMG_2791

Then I dropped off our (very last for the foreseeable future) tuition check and stopped to use the internet to get directions to a friend’s house.

Then I drove to said friend’s house to take some pictures.  Then of course, because we are women, we chatted for awhile.  It was lovely and I totally needed it.

I stopped for a Sonic drink on the way home and relieved my mom about 10:30. Only Mr. Michael was up, so she hadn’t had to deal with too much grumpy.  :)

My Js were eating a snack and watching The Incredibles on the iPad. (Extremely fabulous picture taken over my shoulder while I was nursing on the couch.)

IMG_2794

11:00: I nursed the babies.  Somewhere around then my sister and her friend (who were in town most of the week!!!) stopped by and snuggled nieces and nephews for a little while.  They left for lunch, taking some things I needed to return in Humble with them.  Yay!!

11:40: The Js watched Kathryn and Tawna leave and then stayed at the window to watch for Lisa, who was due shortly.

IMG_2517

My very cute helpers and I decided to fold some diapers.

IMG_2795

Joanna took this one of us – she did well!

IMG_2520

Pretty diapers all folded up and ready to wear!

IMG_2521

A little before noon Lisa came and picked up Joanna because it was early release for her girls.  They went to play.  I put the babies down for a nap and set James up with his favorite movie – Cars.

IMG_2523

At 12:25 I sat down to do a little work in Photoshop Elements for the online class I’m taking.

IMG_2799

At 1:16 I heard our first waker, Mr. Thomas.  I think I got him up and held him for a few minutes while Michael slept a bit more.

By 1:30 I was sitting and nursing the babies.

This was at 2:25 – playtime!

IMG_2804

You can see the ever so slight difference in quality from my iPod touch camera to my big girl camera:

IMG_2527IMG_2529

At about 2:40 Kathryn and Tawna delivered Natalie to me; they’d picked her up from school.  About that time I laid the babies down for another nap.

Then over the next couple of hours I did laundry and took care of little people.

At 4:20 I nursed the babies.

Matt got home about 5:00 and at 5:20 we headed to Grandma’s house for enchilada night.  (Usually they’re on Fridays, but this one was early so K and T could be there!)

See all the baby holding people?!!!!

IMG_2808

James crashed in the car and stayed asleep when we brought him inside.

IMG_2809

It was musical people for the babies.  Yay for lotsa arms!

IMG_2810IMG_2811IMG_2812IMG_2813IMG_2814

Natalie was soooooooo sweet holding baby Drew.

IMG_2816

At some point Joanna disappeared with Grandpa David, and he texted me this picture:

IMG_2819

The babies got grouchy so I nursed them and Thomas took me up on my offer of a little nursing nap:

IMG_2821

It was a WONDERFUL evening with family!! We left about 7:40.  Everyone was turning into pumpkins.

At home we got everyone ready and sent to bed by 8:30 or so.

This was the last picture I took, at 9:05:

IMG_2826

I was settled on the couch with the last of my shortbread cookies, some Nutella, and my husband for a little television.

I think I went to bed about 10:30.

That’s a wrap! (It only took me 24 hours to write this.)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment