Here are some bullets about the babies at six months:
- They can both roll both ways, but sometimes Michael forgets he can roll front to back.
- They love being smiled at.
- Thomas is a chew-a-maniac. He chews on everything. His favorite thing is still someone else’s thumb.
- They can often be distracted by toys or singing and dancing.
- Neither can sit up or scootch yet.
- I weighed them (in a diaper and onesie) a couple of days ago and came up with something like 14lbs 6oz for Michael and 15lbs 4oz for Thomas.
- They nurse 5-6 times each day.
- They can go 10-12 hours at night without feeding. One night over the weekend they went 13 hours. It was… uncomfortable. :)
- Most of the time Michael is the first to wake from naps and in the morning. That is not the case today. Something’s up with Thomas. :(
- They both loooooove to be held.
- They are each pretty happy being worn in the Ergo or sling as well. I’ve really only worn them separately.
- They don’t mind riding in the car but have to be very tired to fall asleep. (This is mostly a very good thing.)
- They are sort of predictable in needing three naps per day. Each is less than an hour. :( (But I might have mentioned the loooong nights? Yay that!)
- They wear size 6-9 months clothes very well. Michael can still wear 3-6 months, but it’s kind of a stretch for Thomas.
- I think they would still wear size 1 disposable diapers. We haven’t put any on recently. :) Their cloth dipes are on the middle rise with two rows of snaps showing in the middle.
- Thomas has recently discovered he can put his toes in his mouth.
- Thomas must always be wearing a bib. He drools constantly.
- Both babies love to laugh. Typically, Thomas likes to be tickled, and Michael likes laughing at funny jokes.
- They haven’t started solid food and I don’t have any plans to start immediately. They’re not really showing any signs of readiness, aside from the date on the calendar.
- Neither has teeth yet.
- They are super spoiled by their three older siblings.
- They are so very loved by their momma and daddy.
I can’t believe half a YEAR has passed since they were born!
And now for some pics!
I typed all that up there on Tuesday (I think), and now it’s Friday. I’m just going to publish a few pictures I took of the boys SOOC (straight out of the camera), even though I want to play with editing them soon. I’d rather go ahead and get these cuties up though, instead of waiting!
I managed to do TWO mini photo shoots with the babes on Tuesday; the first was inside on the couch. Mr. Sock Monkey made a quick appearance. Thomas is very into his feet lately.
I love this one!!
Michael looks so concerned here. That’s probably because he knows Thomas is going to try and chew on his hand.
Still trying…
I like this one as well, but it’s a little blurry. I love their smiles though!
And then the domino effect began to kick in…
And they’re down!
Then I got one with my photo shoot helper. The middles were at preschool.
Then that evening, we went outside to try and get a few more. I like this one a lot, but of course I cropped off Michael’s knee. That’s what happens when you must engage in wild shenanigans to get them to smile. :)
Then I tried for some individual ones. I guess they don’t have to be a unit all the time. :)
Michael:
It appears Thomas wanted to be first. He wasn’t super happy when Matt put him back down on the blanket.
But then he did a little self-soothing with his two fingers.
Then rolled over to play with his feet for a bit.
Then Matt went over at some point to fix the blanket and cheer him up.
Then he wasn’t so sad!
Now for some silly faces:
And PLENTY of drool and raspberries. He loves to spit these days!
The boys were pretty done by that point, but my bigs wanted to lay on the blanket for a picture. I sure do love them. :)
So there we have it – I can’t believe the babies have made it half way through their first year!! Today I ventured to the Mudpie with them to start working on their foot print plates. They just got to come for the actual foot printing. Now I get to go back and decorate them ALL BY MYSELF. :)
I will update when they’re all done and I’m sure I’ll post info about their 6 month check up next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment