Monday, May 19, 2014

Poor, neglected little blog

I may have mentioned that this month I’m taking an online class on how to use Photoshop Elements.  Well, basically, it’s kicking my butt (in a good way), and I’m struggling to keep up with anything!!  That said, a few recent things HAVE to get on the blog before they are lost forever to my memory.  :)

The babies had their six month well check up on May 7th.  I made a first-after-lunch appointment and it was FABULOUS – not busy and a very quick in and out!  The babies are, of course perfect, but here are some specifics:

Michael is 24.5 inches long (though I’m not totally sure he was stretched out all the way), weighs 14lbs 1.5oz, and has a head circumference of 17.52 inches.  He has eczema and his left tear duct still doesn’t want to quite open up all the way.  He still gets goo from time to time.

Thomas is 25 inches long, weighs 15lbs 1oz, and has a head circumference of 17.24 inches.  (However, I do not believe for one second that his head is smaller than Michael’s.  Something didn’t get measured right.)

Last Tuesday (that makes it May 13th) when he was 6.5 months old, Michael cut his first tooth!  I was surprised he beat his brother, but who knows how these things work!  So far, he has not hurt me with it, though the time for chewing on Mommy’s fingers has come to an end.  :)  When I found it in his mouth, the kids got so excited and all had to go wash their hands so they could feel it.  Such sweet big sibs!  Oh, it’s his bottom front left one.

Last Thursday was a momentous day for me.  I packed my last school lunch for the foreseeable future.  Those of you that know how much I really hate packing lunches know that was a BIG DAY!  James has one more day and Natalie has two more days left of preschool, but they have the option to buy food (what is it? who cares!) on these last days. :)

We joined the YMCA a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve so far dropped all five of my children off twice now.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a reputation up there.  :)  Since the boys don’t take pacis or drink from bottles, they aren’t exactly easy to take care of when they’re cranky.  I always (and will always) feed them just before we go, but they’re just cranky boys!  It’s going to be nice for us to have a place to escape to this summer when it’s hot and we just need to get out of the house.  I can take the big kids in to the pool one at a time (or two or three) if I’d like.  Or I could take an exercise class and get in shape.  Or I can just pedal very slowly on the recumbent bike, watch television, and then take a shower. :)  I think it’s going to be good for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment