Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day in the Life in October!

So it’s the 9th and I’m typing up the DITL post from the 8th.  Go me!!

5:50am – woke up to a baby crying.  I got ready to feed while Matt changed their diapers and brought them to me.

This sweet face was up a little early as well:

IMG_4156

6:00 – nursed the babies, then sent them back to bed.  They never went back to sleep (yuck!!), but it was okay for me because Matt didn’t have to leave right away.  I got to lay in bed until about 7:45 I think.

8:15 –  Nursed the babies again and Matt left for Jury duty in Humble.

This is my face while nursing.  :)

IMG_4158

The big kids got ready while I was doing that.  After I fed the babies I changed them, got them dressed and cleaned up the dining room and kitchen somewhat from the morning.

8:50 – we left for Young Mom’s Bible Study up at the church.

By about 9:30 I had dropped off all five kiddos in two buildings and sat down at my table for some yummy breakfast.

IMG_4159

We had Bible Study from 9:30-11:30, including a “Let it Go” sing along. (Oh I should have grabbed a picture of that!)

At 11:30, I picked up James first and found him singing along to an old VBS DVD.  Love it!!

IMG_4163

We picked up the girls, then walked to the other building for the babies.  Sweet (ornery grouchy tired) Thomas was asleep in Miss Suzy’s arms.  I grabbed the boys and fed them one after the other on the big pew in the hallway. (I kept forgetting it was the 8th and that I needed to take pictures.)

We left the church about noon and Michael fell asleep in the car.  We drove through for some lunch for the kiddos (my Wednesday coping mechanism) and headed home to eat.  He actually stayed asleep until probably 1:00.  I brought his car seat into the laundry room while the big kids ate.

IMG_4164

I read some to the kiddos while the babies ate their lunch.

IMG_4168

IMG_4166IMG_4167

At 1:30 Matt called to say he was on his way home!!!!  I was praying he’d get done early and be able to spend the afternoon with us, but I wasn’t counting on it.  He served on a petit jury for a traffic violation in the morning. 

Mom also called at that time and was headed over with some costume stuff for James.  She is helping me A TON to put together our Wizard of Oz coordinating costumes for the kiddos.  It’s going to be adorable!!

Joanna took the opportunity to read to Gran some things she’d written in her new journal.

IMG_3430

2:30 – Gran left (Thomas is trying to follow her out), and Matt sat down for some leftovers for lunch.

IMG_3433IMG_3435

We had a much needed lazy afternoon, including naps for the babies, a movie for the bigs (in the picture Matt is trying to clean the back of the DVD), and a little online Christmas shopping by me.

IMG_4169

I nursed the babies around 4:00 and we headed to the church at 4:45 for dinner and children’s choir.

IMG_4170

From 6-6:30 I taught my adorable three year old choir – The Lil’ Angels.  I have about a dozen this year – wahoo!

Then Matt and the boys and I headed home to get them ready for bed.

7:00 – nursed the babes one last time. 

Another nursing selfie! (Those are baby heads and hands, for the record.)

IMG_4171

About 7:20 sweet Lisa dropped our girls off and everybody got ready for bed.  I headed out about 7:40 for a couple of errands, all alone! I went to HEB to grab a couple of things and then the library.

Joanna has gotten into the Nancy Drew mysteries so I picked up a couple for her.

IMG_4172

This is one of those weird full-circle parenthood things, because those were my very favorite things to read as a child, and I got started on them in the second grade.  {Side story: apparently I didn’t enjoy reading, and my (PhD in Literature) father did not find that acceptable.  He found a copy of Nancy Drew #18 at a library sale and made me sit down and read it with him.  I was HOOKED!!  I’ve been a crazy reader ever since.}

Now, back to our post…

By 8:45 I was back home having cookies and milk with Matt.  We watched the Castle episode from Monday night.

IMG_4173

Then I’m pretty sure Matt got up to get ready for bed and I crashed out a little bit.

We had lights out by 10:55, which is too late, but what can you do.  :)

IMG_4176

This is a picture of the clock from my bed, taken with my iPod.

And that was it!

No comments:

Post a Comment