Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day Four

of Joanna's fever and unusually grumpy grumpiness. We discovered she had a fever Sunday evening before bed. I was assuming it was a tooth thing since I know she's cutting molars, but since it's lingering, maybe it's something more. It has definitely been an un-fun week. She actually seems to be feeling okay right now, so maybe there's hope for MDO tomorrow. It's their last summer day! She had to miss Tuesday. I do not like it when Joanna misses school. It makes me very sad. I think it makes her sad, too. I know her teachers miss her (I mean, wouldn't you?).
So today after two days of staying at home catering to a very grumpy child, I decided we had to get out of the house. We drove over to the new Super Target for a little shopping. I've found that's the only place I can find my laundry detergent. We also just bummed around and picked up a few odds and ends. Famous Footwear was right next door so we went in and Joanna tried on a few pairs of shoes. Nothing was just perfect, although we came close to getting a pair of pink converse! It was almost lunch when we finished and we were both hungry, so we headed to one of our favorite places to eat, Panera. I love how they have healthy choices on the menu as well as lots of whole grain and organic ingredients. Joanna hasn't been eating much lately, but she had some of my spinach artichoke egg souffle (perhaps not a super healthy choice -- but very yummy!) and a few bites of apple with her milk. On the drive home, some sunglasses and a magazine kept Joanna out of dream-land.
I just layed her down for a nap. I think I may head that way myself after I finish this post. I have some cleaning and work to do, but the bed is just so tempting!
A few minutes ago we were playing in the play kitchen. Joanna is getting very good at the pretend thing. We "cooked" some food in the oven, then used spoons to "eat" it. That girl is so cute!
Some more recent cute/new things:
  • She now officially says "bye-bye" instead of "dye-dye." Sometimes it sounds like "buh-bye." So cute.
  • She says "outside" when she wants to go out. She also says it when you put her shoes and socks on. I think "outside" is another word for shoes.
  • She knows how to sign "please" and "thank-you," but up until recently she would only do it when asked. Now she has started doing it on her own. She sign thank-you when we give her something (especially if it's something wonderful) and she'll sign please when she wants something (especially if it's something wonderful.)
Our house is in a shambles this week. We got the closet and corner of our room cleaned out in preparation for New Baby, and I decided I wanted to use it until then. I have become increasingly frustrated with my dining room/office. I like being able to scrap and stuff in the living area, but I am so sick of being so cramped in the dining room. I constantly have scrapbook stuff out on the table and there's no room for the high chair. So I decided to move a dresser, a desk, and a small bookcase into the bedroom for my scrapbook stuff. It is perfect! The stuff is still up and out of the way so Joanna can go in there, but there is so much more space in the dining room! I left my big bookcase and my computer in the dining room because of lack of space and it really is the perfect place for my computer. It's on the bar where little hands cannot reach it.
Joanna just woke up. I think she may have slept 30 minutes. This is very very sad. If her Daddy or Gran were here they could get her to go back to sleep. Me, I'm just counting the hours 'till Matt comes home. Then I might go away somewhere. Far far away. I miss my sweet Joanna. I want her back. GO AWAY FEVER AND JUNKINESS!
Now it's a few hours later. Matt is home. Yea!!!!!! After nap Joanna and I stopped at the church and then headed to Babies R Us for some shoppin'. I picked her up a little soft toddler chair. I just couldn't wait any longer. In the 5 minutes we've been home, I am positive she likes it. A lot. I also got a leash for Joanna. Yes, I am one of those mothers. I don't plan on using it a lot, but I really wanted to have one on stand-by. Joanna loves to walk, but she's all over the place (of course) and fast (of course), and as the days go by, I'm slowing down a little. :)
I also decided to make an doctor's appt for Joanna for tomorrow. I'll feel bad canceling it early if she wakes up with no fever (wait a minute, no I won't), but I was able to get an 8:40 with our doctor at the Kingwood office (yea!) instead of over in Atascocita where we usually see him. The Kingwood office is VERY close to the church, so we'll be set to go to work after the visit. Imagine, people still want the bulletins printed when Joanna is sick. I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment