Sunday, July 6, 2008

Warning: Extremely long proud momma post ahead

Mostly this post is about 4th of July fun, but there's other assorted things thrown in, too.
Like this:
I've been sort of hunting around for sunglasses for the Joanna. I could find the ones with the straps on them, but I just wanted plain 'ol sunglasses. I knew she wouldn't keep them on for long, but it would be some help against the blaring Texas sun.
Like I mentioned before, Kathryn and Patrick were down last week visiting. They brought precious little moccasins for BOTH babies! Joanna's are still a little big, but they stay on her feet really well, and they are SO cute!
These are New Baby's. They are so soft and so tiny!

Joanna ended up with so many patriotic outfits that we had to wear them over several days. Here we are on Thursday for a fashion show in the front yard. One of Joanna's little friends handed down a few things including this cute little denim skirt with red and white stars on it and the little white flip-flop sandals. Mamma brought her the red bow (and any other bows you see in this post!).Joanna can pull the sunglasses off, but she can't put them back on yet. She says "uh-oh" when they come off. She calls them "eye." Isn't that brilliant?!


On Friday morning we went to the parade! We thought Matt wouldn't be able to come with us, but he went to work really early and got his stuff done and was home early enough to go. Yea!
Joanna LOVES parades. We did not know this, but we're definitely hitting any local parades when they come up. Joanna was facinated with our parade-watching neighbors. One lady had a water bottle almost within reach and the family on the other side had dogs -- woof woof! That may have been Joanna's favorite thing about the parade. There were quite a few dogs, and she greeted them all with a "woof woof."
Cute shoes, again.
Sometimes my sweet little girl gives me kisses right on the mouth. Other times she shakes her head and pushes me away with her hand. I'll take what I can get.
Joanna watching.

Ooooohhh, some goodies: a water bottle, bead necklace, and a flag. Parades are so much fun!
I also let her have a taste of a grape sucker. Oh, she's a fan, for sure.
And just randomly, there was a really big snake in the parade. Just thought I'd share.
Friday afternoon/evening we headed over to a friend's house for a fun evening. All the kiddos were dressed in their red, white, and blue so we had to try and get a picture. This was the best I got:
From left to right we have Joanna, Aidan, Anna, Caleb, and Abby. Anna's baby sister Emma was there, too, but she wasn't up for a group picture yet. After a yummy barbeque dinner, we went outside to play for a while. The Ege's have a great swing set and a lot of open space in their backyard. Joanna was swinging on this two person back and forth thing with Anna but she kind of took a nose dive off her seat. It was ugly. I actually have it on video, but I promised a couple of people I wouldn't post it, cause, well, it's ugly. There was no blood, only some crying. Joanna was fine. I'll show the video to anyone who wants to see it. :) After that, Joanna was happy just to sit down and chill for a while. She was pretty tired by this time. It was after 7, I think.
Here are some friends on the swing set.
Football, anyone?
Joanna ended up getting a second wind after a little snack and some milk and we stayed until 8:45! When we got home and I handed her the blanket and giraffe, this is what we got:
On the pregnancy front:
Still not much of a belly, although I am definitely filling out my bigger clothes pretty well -- 13 weeks.
Saturday morning Matt and I headed downtown to Whole Foods for some grocery shopping. I love Whole Foods. Sure, it can be expensive and it takes 40 minutes to get there, but it's just so nice! Then Matt and his dad and his nephew went to pick up Joanna's new outdoor toy. A friend of ours was ready to get rid of it, so we took it off their hands.




Oh, that girl climbed up the slide. Then she slid down (with help). Then she climbed up again; then down. And over and over and over. She has really strong muscles.
That evening we went to Mamma and Pop's house just to hang out for a while. Cousin Kurt was there, too. Look at these cute cousins. And Matt.

It was a very busy weekend, but we had lots of fun. It's a little sad to be back to our plain 'ol Monday. Although it is nice to recover from all that fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment