Right now, as I type, Joanna is having a "snap" (snuggle-nap) on her Daddy in the rocking chair. She had a proper one in the bed, too, but she's finishing up on Matt. So instead of getting his hair cut, which is what he's been wanting to do for like 3 weeks or something, my husband is rocking Joanna so she will get some good rest. Wonderful, right? Get this, he also let me go by myself to a one year old birthday party today while he stayed with sick Joanna. Fabulous, right? And, they even went and got the oil changed in the car. I'm a lucky girl.
Joanna has come down with a little cold, it seems. It started with a little cough, then came a runny nose and some congestion. She woke up this morning very goopy, so no party for this little girl. Fetus and I had a fun time, though! Our friend Bella had a ladybug party today, complete with a ladybug outfit and ladybug cupcakes. Too cute! My favorite thing to do to wrap presents is to wrap in brown paper, then paint the outside with something festive. Today I painted little ladybugs all over with a giant one on the back. I know it only lasts for a few minutes before it gets ripped to shreds, but the painting is very fun and cathartic for me, and I think they always turn out so cute! I think I'm going to have to use a bag for the gift next weekend; maybe I can find a brown or white bag so I can still decorate it. Although I have managed to wrap some very interesting shapes in paper so far.
Joanna is doing very well in her little bed. Unfortunately, this bed switch coincided with the cold, so she hasn't been sleeping quite as well as usual. I'm pretty sure (and hoping) it has to do with the cold and not the toddler bed. Every night after she falls asleep I've been going in and peeking at her. Last night she was snoring so peacefully. Night before last she was actually trying to sleep across the bed (side to side) instead of the long way. She doesn't exactly fit across like that. She tends to be all over the bed; I don't think she moves much when she's asleep (I don't actually know, though), I think it's mostly when she's trying to fall asleep. I ordered her a set of "toddler sheets" which consists of a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and a pillow case. They are VERY hard to find in the stores, unless you want Dora or the Little Mermaid. Which I do not. So I found some neutral solids online that I'm hoping will match her quilt okay. As it gets cooler, I'm going to work on the whole blanket and pillow thing. I know it will take some adjusting, and she may just have to get a little older, but I think she will like sleeping on a pillow covered up by her little quilt. When we start shopping around for New Baby's bedding, I'm going to try find some for Joanna too that coordinates. It'll be easier if they're both girls, but I can envision some very cute boy/girl combos, too! I actually have found quite a few sites online for toddler bedding, but haven't found much in the stores. I'm not interested in character (Elmo, princesses, etc.) bedding, I'd really like patterns or something a little... I don't know what... "babyish," I guess -- like butterflies or animals or nature scenes or something. So if anybody knows of an actual store that sells toddler bedding and has a selection, leave a comment! I realize I have rambled on and on and on about virtually nothing. And I have left you with no Joanna pictures. I think I'm going to go clean the kitchen now.
I think you did a great job of painting Bella's wrapping paper--put some of that work on canvas and poof--you have some new artwork for the walls! Seriously. Also, I'm totally with you on the character themed bedding things--I would prefer the more "baby"ish looking things, too. Pottery Barn has cute things that are still "baby"ish, and Ebay carries a lot of it for way less :-)
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job of painting Bella's wrapping paper--put some of that work on canvas and poof--you have some new artwork for the walls! Seriously. Also, I'm totally with you on the character themed bedding things--I would prefer the more "baby"ish looking things, too. Pottery Barn has cute things that are still "baby"ish, and Ebay carries a lot of it for way less :-)
ReplyDeleteUgh, I hate it when it accidently posts twice. So sorry about that!
ReplyDelete