Do cameras wear out? I ask because I think mine has, or is. I just can't get good pictures inside. They're blurry or have red-eye or they're dark or just not crisp. Sometimes if I have the settings just right and my subject is being very still, I can get a good one. However, I have two little NOT STILL girls. I can still get good shots outside in the natural light, but that's just not where I take most of my pics.
So, I've decided I'm officially on the search for a new camera.
This is what I like about my current camera:
- It is very small; I can fit it in my pocket. This is very important to me.
- It has a large screen on the back.
- It is easy to use.
- It has a good video feature on it.
This is what I do not like about my camera:
- It is slow. I have to press the button before my child does something cute.
- It mostly takes fuzzy pictures.
- It uses xd memory cards.
- The flash washes things out.
- The power button is too close to the picture taking button. I often turn it off instead of taking the picture.
- It's too easy to switch modes. It switches in my pocket sometimes.
So, if you have a camera that you particularly like or do not like, let me know. I'm going to do my research before I actually buy something (or Santa brings it to me), but I would like input from people I know who actually use their camera. So leave a comment, send an email, make a phone call -- something!
Here's my 2 cents, but it probably won't help much: I have a Sony point and shoot...I don't suggest it at all. I really never use it because of all the things you listed about yours that you don't like. I've always loved Canon cameras, but my Mother-in-law just got an Olympus for Christmas that she's liking. I think my FIL did a lot of research on them, and that one was one that got some of the best reviews!
ReplyDeleteHave fun in your search!
I think we must have the exact same camera because everything that you hate about your camera, I hate about mine. I have to turn the flash off to get a good picture but then everything is blurry!! It's also not easy to get good pictures of my kitties doing cute kitty things because by the time my camera actually takes the pictures, they've already run out of the room! Let me know if you find a good one.
ReplyDeleteWhat you describe is EXACTLY what went wrong with our old Canon camera at about the 5 yr mark. We now have a Nikon Coolpix S600 which I love,it can be simple or advanced to use which I really like depending on my mood and what's going on. It has face finder and image stabilizer and you can brighten and fix things right on the camera before you even download. Shutter is pretty fast, less missed kiddo shots for sure. I reccomend Butterfly Camera for good prices.
ReplyDelete