Saturday, November 13, 2010

Building the stash

Bum Genius is offering a “Buy 5, get 1 free” deal right now, so I took advantage!

I also tried out a couple of different colors, but wasn’t too impressed.  The top two are “sweet” which is a very pale blue/gray/green color.  The one under the green ones is “noodle” which is a super pale yellow color.  I can see the advantages to those pale ones – work well under light clothing but still cuter than white.  I like the brighter colors better though.

PB120525

Someone asked me the other day how many diapers I had, and I couldn’t tell her.  I’m still not totally sure, since there are always some in the wash, but here’s what I think I have:

14 One Size diapers (fits from newborn to potty training)

4 Medium diapers (probably about 18-30ish lbs)

1 Small diaper (I think about 7-14lbs, although Natalie was able to wear them back when we first started cloth diapering)

1 x-small diaper (supposedly 4-9lbs, but doesn’t work well on skinny-leg James)

We also have:

3 NB covers

2 x-small covers

2 small covers

2 medium covers

with

2 dozen NB prefolds

1 dozen small prefolds

4 medium prefolds

2 large prefolds

And also:

4 large Gdiaper covers

2 medium Gdiaper covers

2 small Gdiaper covers

with

6 medium/large inserts

Whew!

This definitely gets us through two days, which is as long as you should go between washings.  I love putting James in the BG, but the prefolds still work very well for him.  I try to have enough BG to put on him at night, since he theoretically will go longer between diaper changes and they absorb more than the prefolds.  They’re also much easier for sleepy parents to put on!

The Gdiapers and prefolds for Natalie need to be changed more often than the pockets, so I try not to leave the house with her in them, but they work well for just hanging around at home.  The Gdiapers are just as easy to use as the pockets, but they’re more likely to leak.  The prefolds are great for when she has diaper rash.  They’re very breathable, so I’ll put one on without a cover (with pins) when she can’t be naked.  They’ll absorb enough tinkle not to soak whatever she’s sitting on, but still allow good airflow and healing goodness.  She isn’t quite to the point where she knows before she tinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment