Monday, November 1, 2010

Two Weeks Old

PB010419

Look!  He found his thumb a couple of different times this morning – he loves it!

James had his two week well check-up this morning with Dr. Harper.  Matt stayed home with the girls so James and I had a doctor date.  He stayed awake the whole car trip over there; I can’t believe it.  Up till now, he’s been falling asleep in the car.  He pretty much screamed in the car today; I really hope he’s not following after his sister Joanna.  I did not enjoy that aspect of her babyhood. 

The last couple of times we’ve been to the doctor’s office, it has been so busy and we’ve waited for a while in the waiting room.  Bummer!  Fortunately it’s a nice place and James was snuggled in the Moby wrap, having a little snooze.

His stats:

8lbs 9oz

21 3/8” long

14 1/2” head circumference

He’s not up to his birth weight, but the doctor isn’t worried.  He’s eating well and growing.  And, I didn’t bring this up, but my Joanna grew very slowly too.  James seems so much like her.

He got a heel stick for the newborn screening which made him cry.  :(

Then we went to Wal-Mart, where I pushed his car seat in the buggy and held him.  :)

All About James…

  • Up until this morning, he’s been falling asleep in the car seat and having great naps there.
  • He sleeps a lot still.
  • He usually starts the evening in his bed but often ends up in our bed.  He loves snuggling with his Mommy!  And I love not getting up to put him to sleep or pick him up.
  • He is wearing prefold cloth diapers with covers in newborn/x-small size.  He’s still pretty scrawny for the one newborn-sized pocket diaper we have – it just isn’t snug enough around the legs.  I’m waiting until the cord stump falls off to try the one-size pockets on him.
  • He likes to save up his poo for explosive diapers instead of rationing it out during the day.  :)
  • He wears NB sized clothes for the most part, but I’m sure fits fine into the 0-3 month stuff as well.
  • He loves being held while the holder is standing up.  (Yup, that would be Joanna alright.)
  • Is very loved by two parents and two big sisters, among many other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment