I am rather behind on blogging, but I have to slip this recipe in before I forget exactly what I did. Because I am sooooooooo making these again.
I pretty much followed this recipe that I had pinned at some point. It turned out so amazingly delicious that I want to blog exactly what I did so I can do it again.
Ingredients:
1lb fresh green beans (I had just over a pound, grown in Splendora by the lady we get our milk and eggs from.)
Bacon (I had 8 slices in the fridge; use what you’ve got.)
2T butter
1T sucanat (since most people probably don’t have this, brown sugar will work just fine)
1-2 cloves garlic (I used just under a teaspoon of that garlic that comes in a jar that you keep in a fridge that’s already all chopped up and wonderful.)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. The recipe said to grease the pan, but I figure 8 pieces of bacon meant I didn’t need to. I was right. :)
Wash and dry your green beans. Grab a little bundle (mine actually worked out to be 10 beans each) and wrap a slice of bacon around it. Lay it seam side down in a baking dish. A 9x13 Pyrex worked perfectly for me.
Repeat this until you’ve used up all your green beans and/or bacon.
You can ignore the little potatoes. They were lonely so I sliced them up and threw them in – yum!
In a little saucepan combine the butter, sugar, and garlic over low heat. Stir it up until everything is melted and combined.
Use a pastry brush and brush it over the green bean bundles. Life is short; use it all.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
Remove the foil and give it another 15 minutes.
I felt mine were perfectly delightful at that point, but you could also give them a couple of minutes under the broiler if they need to crisp up.
I feel as though I had not truly lived until I had these tonight. I urge you to try something like this. I don’t think you’ll regret it. If you do, you can deliver that pan to my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment