Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Playing outside… last week

So apparently Matt’s mom called him to ask if I was okay.  I haven’t updated the blog in a little while.  :)

I could say “Oh, I’ve been so busy with the children”  or something like that, but I would be lying.  I watched the entire third season of The Vampire Diaries between Thursday and Tuesday.

I’m a little ashamed. 

Clearly not ashamed enough not to admit in front on all you nine people who read my blog though.

And speaking of all you nine people, I really really love getting comments on the blog.  Even if you just say “hi Jess” it really makes my day.  It’s like getting a letter in the mail when I see I have a comment.  Especially when I’ve worked really hard {ahem} taking pictures and occasionally but not often editing them and typing and hitting the backspace button a lot.

Enough about me though.

Last Thursday we went out back in the morning and I filled up the water table.

IMG_5345

It looks like they’re having a tea party or something!

IMG_5352IMG_5355

On Friday Lisa invited us to the Hunter’s Ridge park and she suggested we might like to walk there.

So we did.

IMG_5359

There was exactly one not-broken baby swing, which everybody wanted to ride in.

IMG_5366

This girl sure can throw a fit when she wants something. :)

IMG_5371IMG_5372IMG_5374

I can barely look at the merry go round without feeling nauseated, but I did snap some pics of the kiddos riding it.

IMG_5376IMG_5379

At one point Lisa was pushing Natalie on the baby swing and James was getting too close.  In her efforts to stop him from being kicked in the face, Lisa {gently} pushed James over.

He got such a terrible “What did you just do to me Miss Lisa?” face on.

IMG_5383

This girl could sit in the baby swing all day long… longer, if someone was pushing her.

IMG_5386

Big boy in the big swing!

IMG_5389

A couple van loads of big ol’ kids came after a while.  Anna and Joanna enjoyed watching them and riding on the merry go round with them.

IMG_5391

I can’t believe how well James is holding on here – he’s so happy!

IMG_5393

It was a fun little trip over to the park.  I don’t know that I’ve taken many pictures since then, but I’m sure I’ll end up with a couple of posts over the next day or so catching up with my week.

Or not.

I have been awfully busy.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for posting pictures of my kids! my mom really likes looking at your blog for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. The pouting pic of James made me fall over laughing!! And the tantrum face on Natalie was very familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful children. I wish I lived in Texas so we could hang out again! Oh, and...

    HI JESS!! :P

    ReplyDelete