Wednesday, April 3, 2013

8 Weeks

IMG_2241 1

8 weeks

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):

New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby —about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.

How far along: 8 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: nausea and other tummy troubles like bloating, constipation (oh, such joy!); tiredness; extreme aversion to prepping food :)

Food Cravings: chocolate, pizza with bacon, jelly beans, pineapple

Sleep: pretty good

Measurement: still no scale, and I don’t feel like pulling out the measuring tape yet

Movement: nothing yet

Labor signs: definitely nothing yet!

What I miss: I do miss having energy to get anything done.

What I’m looking forward to: the nausea passing, having a little more energy to keep up around the house

Milestone: I’m 8 weeks, so it’s time to see the doctor this week!  If history is any indication, we’ll get to see the teeny peanut on an ultrasound!

Thoughts from the children: They’re excited; it’ll definitely become more real for them when I’m showing.

Doctor’s visit: I have an appointment tomorrow; I may post after it.

Looking back: It’s pretty amazing what your brain does regarding pregnancy.  I’m really quite miserable, and I’m sure I was as miserable with the others, but I didn’t really remember.  :)

Baby-related projects:

  • This many not seem baby related, but I am planning to color my hair just as soon as I can find a day that I’m off and my hair dresser is working.  :)  I like it blonde, but it’s too much to keep up with pregnant and then later with a newborn, so I’m going to have it colored to match my natural nasty brown color.  For now.  :)

  • I really need to organize my clothes.  All that kind of stuff is probably just going to have to wait until I feel good enough to do anything.  It was hard enough just opening the computer to do this post.  :)  I’m a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment