Last Sunday the music ministry from our church put on a big production called God of Wonders at a couple of services. It really was a HUGE undertaking, but I loved loved being a part of it!
The handbells (from the balcony) played the prelude with the brass ensemble. If this had been a video, you would have seen me absolutely pounding those bells. :) Our little bells couldn’t really compete with the mighty brass.
The combined choirs including Chancel Choir, Sola Gratia, and the Men’s Ensemble sang and the brass ensemble and orchestra played. We presented lots of songs, some together, some as separate choirs. The children joined us on one song, so Joanna and I got to sing together! I couldn’t see her at all. :( BUT I could see lots of people videoing with their phones and iPads and whatever else. AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE A VIDEO.
It was a pretty powerful service for me, and we got a lot of positive feedback that makes me think it was pretty powerful for a lot of other people too. I was some special kind of exhausted at the end of it that’s for sure!
On Tuesday the three year old classes at Natalie’s school had a tea that they invited parents to attend. My sweet Natalie, lining up in the classroom:
She was in kind of a strange mood. She was more shy than usual and just not up for talking. I’m not sure what was up, but I got some good snuggles, so it’s okay. :)
My girl and me!
A couple of best buds:
They sang a song for us at the end. Natalie was standing behind a couple of little girls the whole time. Guess she’s not a spotlight-hogger. :)
You called her Joanna on that last picture. :)
ReplyDeletePoor JoNatalie... fixing it now!
Delete